gpz1100b1 fuel injection throttle valve switch repair

More
04 Aug 2024 09:02 #902830 by ajh
Hi
Has anyone any ideas on getting B1 throttle valve switches repaired?

Ive recently resurrected a dead GPZ1100b1 and now have it running good but without a working throttle valve switch.
So one learning from this that might help others is that the TVS is not that crucial to good starting and running on the B1

I would like to get the TVS working but I now have 4 that I have tried - 
  • 1 works with idle position but not open throttle (they work in conjunction with an idle switch)
  • 1 works with open throttle position but not idle 
  • 2 dont work at all
(Im currently running the one that works in the idle position so there is nothing sending a signal to the ECU to say when the throttle is open.)

The B1 seems to use a very proprietory TVS, it uses some sort of magnetic pick up, so even the earlier mechanical TVS /Bosch car versions are not compatible. 

So my question is a very very long shot but has anyone any ideas on getting these TVS repaired? Or even testing it to see what component is not working.  (As I have 3 spares, I can sacrifice one to open up)

I found this old thread  kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/618169-ka...-gpz-1100b1?start=12 but didnt seem to come to a conclusion.

I will also ask www.carmoelectronics.co.uk/index.php?mai...h=493_4686_1830_2140 (They fix the ECUs)
I can buy a new one from CMSNL but it'll cost close to 200 euro to get it to me and as the bike runs ok without it Im not prepared to pay that right now.

Cheers

1981 GPZ1100b1, 1980 CB750Fa, 1981 RD350LC, 1980 DT175mx, 1982 GS550ez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.