Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rebuilding wiring harness (electrical tape) 21 Jan 2023 14:05 #879124

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2672

pic includes a mosfet hookup for my 650, got entire harness and reg/rec for $55, from a 2011 or so zx14, have a nice day kids

Is that R/R a SH775?  Hope so anyway...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rebuilding wiring harness (electrical tape) 21 Jan 2023 17:07 #879130

• Feanor_twh
  • Feanor_twh's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 9
In my experience, self-vulcanizing rubber tape apparently looks good but does not resist mechanically as PVC or Vinyl do. I rebuilt part of the wiring with this and it looks very good, but some time later it was beaten and ruined. The problem with PVC/Vinyl is the adhesive, we'll see if this 33+ works better on that.
(1976) Kawasaki KZ400-D3. All original, but: electronic reg/rec (Oregon Motorcycle Parts), new handlebar controls (w/ PASS/HORN/lights switch, LED dash lights (superbrightleds.com), Dynatek coil (3ohm), MAC mufflers, HEL brake hoses, rubber fork boots, 4.00 rear tyre (Dunlop K70), chromed chainguard

Last edit: by Feanor_twh.

Rebuilding wiring harness (electrical tape) 22 Jan 2023 07:22 #879147

• blipco
  • User
  • 2002 KZ1000P
  • Thank you received: 223

In my experience, self-vulcanizing rubber tape apparently looks good but does not resist mechanically as PVC or Vinyl do. I rebuilt part of the wiring with this and it looks very good, but some time later it was beaten and ruined. The problem with PVC/Vinyl is the adhesive, we'll see if this 33+ works better on that.

>>>> Self vulcanizing tape is always covered with electrical tape afterwards.
Make sure your wires (and hands) are free from grease and dirt before applying the tape, otherwise it’ll unwrap. And be careful not to stretch it too much or too little when wrapping.
Too much pull and it’ll pull itself loose at the ends.
Too little pull and it will unravel.
And have patience and preferably a warm area to apply it.

"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

• Page: