Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Stator parasitic drain? 07 Aug 2022 13:17 #871829

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1766

Alright Ill disconnect the orange and just tape it up then. How exactly would you go about connecting the red thought? I think it would be kind of had to put it straight to the battery terminal but you said to be careful mounting it to the starter solanoid. Where would you mount it on there? Like right where the battery line connects to the solanoid? And Ill go do those tests on the stator and see if the one I got is good. 
Fit a ring terminal ( ideally soldered) to the red wire and bolt to the same solenoid terminal as the white/red. Just be careful where it is routed so there is no chance of it rubbing through against the frame or a bracket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stator parasitic drain? 07 Aug 2022 13:32 #871830

• Wookie58
  • Away

Also the field coil in the bike now has no movement if it at all and is stuck down to the cover, however, the one in the other parts engine can move around and isnt stuck down. Which is the correct one? Should it have no movement in it? It doesn't seem like its got any bolts to hold it down though.
It should be bolted down from the back with three bolts ( don't forget the rotor on the end of the crank is spinning in the middle of this)

Attachments:

Stator parasitic drain? 07 Aug 2022 13:54 #871832

• jrider24
  • jrider24's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah I went back out earlier and found the bolts on the other side so I got that figured out. Got the new stator and field coil in. Ill go do the red wire and Ill send a pic once im done just to confirm it looks all okay. After that Im just waiting on the new regulator to show up and then hopefully its all okay. Thanks for all your help wiring is definetly not my strong suit so this has been a learning experince for me. 

Stator parasitic drain? 07 Aug 2022 14:17 #871833

• Wookie58
  • Away

Yeah I went back out earlier and found the bolts on the other side so I got that figured out. Got the new stator and field coil in. Ill go do the red wire and Ill send a pic once im done just to confirm it looks all okay. After that Im just waiting on the new regulator to show up and then hopefully its all okay. Thanks for all your help wiring is definetly not my strong suit so this has been a learning experince for me. 
Don't worry, I used to do it for a living. I in uncharted territory at the moment with plastic and fibreglass 
If electrics aren't your strong point you might find the below link useful
www.kzrider.com/forum/forum-index/faq-wi...-fault-finding-guide

Stator parasitic drain? 08 Aug 2022 14:36 #871887

• jrider24
  • User
Alright got the red wire all hooked up. Also found a fifth wire coming off of the rectifier. Its black so I assumed its a ground and it ties in with the other common grounds so I think all is okay. I attached some pictures below. 
Attachments:

Stator parasitic drain? 08 Aug 2022 14:54 #871890

• Wookie58
  • Away

Alright got the red wire all hooked up. Also found a fifth wire coming off of the rectifier. Its black so I assumed its a ground and it ties in with the other common grounds so I think all is okay. I attached some pictures below. 
It is a ground but be careful making assumptions, ground on these bikes is generally Black/Yellow and in some cases blacks can be positives. Red looks OK   but you may need to re-route it. I believe the two rusty bolt holes next to the solenoid are the mounting points for the regulator that you have coming 

Attachments:

Last edit: by Wookie58.

Stator parasitic drain? 10 Aug 2022 12:21 #871986

• jrider24
  • User
Alright so my new old regulator came in today and it looks from what im seeing in the manual that the brown ignition sensor wire goes on top, the green in the middle and the black on the bottom. Can anyone confirm this? Also I saw some stuff about changing some settings on it but do I have to worry about any of that now or could I wait and see if it works how it is now?

Stator parasitic drain? 10 Aug 2022 12:30 #871988

• Wookie58
  • Away

Alright so my new old regulator came in today and it looks from what im seeing in the manual that the brown ignition sensor wire goes on top, the green in the middle and the black on the bottom. Can anyone confirm this? Also I saw some stuff about changing some settings on it but do I have to worry about any of that now or could I wait and see if it works how it is now?

If you look at the picture of the regulator I posted from ebay the sticker on the side is still intact which shows which colour goes where. As far as adjustments goes, I would get it fitted up start it and hold at approx 2000rpm with the headlight on. Connect your voltmeter across the battery terminals as long as it is reading approx 13.5v - 14.5v (check spec in the manual) I would leave well alone as adjusting regulators can be a PITA