Shindengen SH775 Regulator / Rectifier Wiring

More
04 May 2020 10:05 #824943 by mrmach5
I looked at other threads on this , but just want to be clear on the hook ups. So I have purchased a genuine Shindengen SH775 R/R and understand its connections, three yellow stator wires on left connector. Right connector , inter connection goes to battery with and inline fuse , outer connection to ground.
So anything else ? do I need to do any thing with the disconnected 5 pin connectors , green regulator , white rectifier ?
Thanks for any assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2020 18:20 - 04 May 2020 18:20 #824986 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Shindengen SH775 Regulator / Rectifier Wiring

mrmach5 wrote: I looked at other threads on this , but just want to be clear on the hook ups. So I have purchased a genuine Shindengen SH775 R/R and understand its connections, three yellow stator wires on left connector. Right connector , inter connection goes to battery with and inline fuse , outer connection to ground.
So anything else ? do I need to do any thing with the disconnected 5 pin connectors , green regulator , white rectifier ?
Thanks for any assistance.

That might depend on what you are installing this onto.
Last edit: 04 May 2020 18:20 by loudhvx.

More
07 May 2020 05:17 #825167 by mrmach5
Replied by mrmach5 on topic Shindengen SH775 Regulator / Rectifier Wiring
Sorry, wanting to install this on a 1976 KZ900.
Thanks

More
07 May 2020 10:23 - 07 May 2020 10:31 #825177 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Shindengen SH775 Regulator / Rectifier Wiring
So you are abandoning the original regulator connector and the original rectifier connector, then? If yes then just leave them unconnected.

The other connections you mention seem correct (I haven't done it myself) according to photos I find online.

The positive output connection will go to the white wire that was originally connected to the rectifier. I personally would leave off the fuse, but having it initially will be a good idea so you don't fry anything. But once it's working, I would eliminate the fuse. You can leave it, but often fuses in that position will cause more problems than they solve. Fuses tend to have a slight drop on them and just having anything inline causes a voltage drop over time. This output line is also the line used to sense the battery voltage, so if there is a drop there, the regulator won't sense the battery voltage as accurately as possible.

The ground wire would probably be best if you connect to the battery (-) directly. Looking at the full diagram, the original ground wire for the regulator and rectifier went on a very long path before getting to the battery.

Some bikes still retained the old 3-color stator wires instead of 3-yellows.

Here's the diagram snippet I'm looking at.

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 May 2020 10:31 by loudhvx.

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
07 May 2020 14:04 - 07 May 2020 17:43 #825189 by Nessism
Last edit: 07 May 2020 17:43 by Nessism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, perrykz1000

More
08 May 2020 07:03 #825234 by mrmach5
Perfect thank you all. Might anyone have the full color wiring diagram for the 76 KZ900 ? I tried to download off the file base but form some reason won't allow me to download, and I am signed in ?
Thanks!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
08 May 2020 08:37 #825243 by SWest
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikaw

More
08 May 2020 09:24 #825247 by mrmach5
Awesome !!!
Thank you