Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bare bones wiring diagram 21 Nov 2019 06:40 #814292

• Trytobuildkzcafe
  • Trytobuildkzcafe's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey all ! I have a 1980 kz 750e that I picked up and I’m going to attempt a cafe racer bare bone build. I wanna go with a minimal wiring set up !trying to find a bare bone wiring diagram? Want to be able to start bike have lights turn signals horn and that’s about it ! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bare bones wiring diagram 21 Nov 2019 07:20 #814294

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Simplified wiring diagrams. KZR topic >> bare bones for mattylight by loudhvx >> Pg 11
some of the diagrams are no longer there (pgs. 1-10). But from pg. 11-on many are still available.
If there isn't a 750E diagram, the 750H is probably the closest match. Also, the 650-CSR should be a good match as well as it has the same ignition system & charging system (the 750csr is a Twin & will be different).

Manual. If you need a manual, there's a good pdf available. It may be linked here on KZR in the Filebase. Y Gold cover w color wiring diagrams.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Bare bones wiring diagram 21 Nov 2019 09:08 #814297

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Thanks Martin. BTW, I did re-upload most of the diagrams from the first 10 pages. There are dead images, with the same image below them.

Here is a 1980 750E on page 7.
kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/172746-19...ght?start=120#358907

Directly below that one was another 1980 750e... rewiring 1980 750e's must have been popular that year.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Bare bones wiring diagram 21 Nov 2019 09:27 #814301

• Trytobuildkzcafe
  • User
Thanks loudhv &Martin these should be perfect just what I’m as looking for should save a lot of time since I won’t have to stare at diagram in the manual for hours trying to figure out what I do and don’t need thanks again!

Last edit: by Trytobuildkzcafe.

Bare bones wiring diagram 21 Nov 2019 09:46 #814303

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
I should mention, the fuse marked as "fuse 2" is basically optional. Many Kz's do not have a fuse in that position. So you can just substitute a wire in place of the fuse.

Also, I show a couple different configurations for the ignition switch. Some of the differences are due to tailoring the diagram to whatever the specific user had etc. That's why the diagrams are marked for a particular user.

I re-config the ignition switch to have redundant contacts to reduce voltage loss and make the switch more reliable. (This eliminates the parking-light function which nobody uses.)
I can look at the factory diagram if you need clarifications on which way is best for you.

I think the second one ("for Mart 13") is better since it renders the park position inert. The first version would be able to power up the bike in the park position.

Bare bones wiring diagram 24 Nov 2019 09:35 #814462

• Trytobuildkzcafe
  • User
Is it possible for me to run with just a key switch eliminating the start button and kill switch on the 80 kz750e?

Bare bones wiring diagram 24 Nov 2019 10:31 #814467

• Withintheruins26
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there anyone who could help me figure out simple wiring for a KZ250 Ltd csr?

It’s electronic ignition but starter only no kick start. I’m wracking my brain trying to wire up cdi but have yet to get spark. Any help is definitely appreciated.

Bare bones wiring diagram 24 Nov 2019 14:24 #814483

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend

Trytobuildkzcafe wrote: Is it possible for me to run with just a key switch eliminating the start button and kill switch on the 80 kz750e?

You mean an automotive type key switch which has a start position? Yes it's possible, but the generic ones for sale at auto-parts stores are usually very low quality and only last a few months.

Bare bones wiring diagram 24 Nov 2019 17:13 #814490

• Trytobuildkzcafe
  • User
Ok I’ll take that into consideration when I actually decide what way I’m going to approach the wiring! Could I run a start button and Kill switch and eliminate the key switch? This is what I would like to do but from what I’ve read it seems I will not be able to run lights this way? Is this true I still have a bit of fabrication to do before I get to the wiring bit I’m trying to have somewhat of a plan when I get there!

Last edit: by Trytobuildkzcafe.

Bare bones wiring diagram 24 Nov 2019 21:26 #814504

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
To wire it that way you'd probably want a relay. Its not difficult. I've wired a couple bikes that way. Obviously, anybody walking by could start it if they wanted.

Bare bones wiring diagram 26 Nov 2019 16:40 #814617

• Trytobuildkzcafe
  • User
Is there a diagram available for wiring it this way I’ve seen a few on the form but they are different year and model so I’m not sure if I would be able to use them for reference , I had an xj awhile back that was push button only , the most questions asked about it was how do you start it so I don’t really worry about it being taken.I’ll hide the kill switch I don’t like carrying keys!

Bare bones wiring diagram 27 Nov 2019 07:58 #814647

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
I can draw it. I'll post it in the mattylight thread.

Head, tail, brake, signal lights plus horn.

www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/17274...ght?start=440#814659

• Page: