Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Reserve Lighting Unit 84 KZ 750 31 May 2019 09:18 #804954

• JeffKnowles**
  • JeffKnowles**'s Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. I bought a bike with the LED headlight installed. It flickers on low beam. Read this was due to Reserve Lighting Unit. After removing the unit I jumped the blue wire to blue orange, but only high beam works when switch is on both high and low beam. I then jumped blue to blue yellow. Same thing happens but now the headlight stays on only low beam when the switch is on either low or high. I have no gauge lights either. Does anyone know how to jump or join wires to make the LED work on both high and low levels as well as getting the gauge lights working? I want to keep the LED but can't get it past a safety inspection unless I can switch it from low to high beams and have the gauge lights working. Specific wiring instructions would be ideal. Thanks all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Reserve Lighting Unit 84 KZ 750 31 May 2019 09:50 #804958

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Have you altered the wiring at the hi-lo switch.

After removing the RLU, you should only have to jumper the blue wire to the blue/yellow wire. That creates a direct path from the lighting fuse to the primary hi-lo switch contacts. (The blue/orange wire feeds the secondary contacts for when a headlight filament fails.)

The hi-lo switch then directs power to the low-beam red/yellow wire or the hi-beam red/black wire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by loudhvx.
  • Page: