Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bad Stator 30 May 2019 09:14 #804873

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

moroboshi1196 wrote: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081TGVIW/ref...&smid=A1E2MGYDTPEYH7
Hi, the is the link for it

Well, you can take a chance on it. But that ground wire looks flimsy and there is only one review. I think a used factory one would be more reliable and would only cost $7 to $15 (but would require the extra wire).
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bad Stator 30 May 2019 11:20 #804877

• moroboshi1196
  • moroboshi1196's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
so for the used regulator that you recommended, it has 6 wires. Firstly I think the red-white stripe wire from my bike is the one connected to the fuse(in the picture that I uploaded, the last picture), I am confused whether the brown wire or the red-white stripe wire on the regulator should connect to the red-white wire from my bike. Then where will the last wire go?

Bad Stator 30 May 2019 11:45 #804878

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend

moroboshi1196 wrote: so for the used regulator that you recommended, it has 6 wires. Firstly I think the red-white stripe wire from my bike is the one connected to the fuse(in the picture that I uploaded, the last picture), I am confused whether the brown wire or the red-white stripe wire on the regulator should connect to the red-white wire from my bike. Then where will the last wire go?

Yes, unfortunately, to use the used factory reg/rec from ebay, you will have to add the brown wire. The brown wire of the regulator/rectifier would have to be connected to the brown wire of the ignition switch or the yellow wire of the ignition switch.

The red/white wire is always connected to the main fuse and the battery, so it always has 12v on it. So it cannot be connected to the brown wire. The brown wire should not have volatge on it when the ignition switch is turned off.

The output wire of the reg/rec goes to the red/white wire. That wire is connected to the battery so it will always have voltage on it. That is the what is connected to the red/white wire in your photo.

The Oregon unit, and the Shindengen SH775 unit do not need the brown wire. So they are simpler to install, but do cost more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moroboshi1196

Last edit: by loudhvx.

Bad Stator 30 May 2019 13:19 #804883

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
That's the one to get.
Steve

Bad Stator 06 Jun 2019 17:38 #805277

• moroboshi1196
  • moroboshi1196's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, sorry for late reply. So I've been messing with the bike over a week. I bought a 3 phase regulator and stator, waiting for them was real hard. Then I got some really kind hearted mechanics to help me attach the correct connector on the wiring for free, today I finally put all the parts together, and the bike actually start up and run. I went out for a 30 minutes ride, and came back with a higher charge on the battery than before I left. I hope this means I succeed in installing the new charging system. I really appreciate you sharing this idea. Now I just have to ride it for a few days and see if the problem will still arise. Again, thank you so much.

Bad Stator 06 Jun 2019 19:11 #805279

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
How much is it charging at 4000 RPM?
Steve

Bad Stator 06 Jun 2019 22:58 #805283

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
Thanks for the update. I hope it solves the charging issue.

• Page: