Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ440 Simple Wiring 22 Apr 2019 07:39 #802610

• chopbobKZ750
  • chopbobKZ750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have recent acquired am 82 kz440 project. The bike has been quite a headache lately but I knew that before digging in. I have stripped back all the loom of the factory harness to find that it was an absolute rat's nest of previous owners electrical ability. Does anyone have a simplified wiring diagram for a 82 440A? I am not the best electrician when it comes to automotive wiring but it is something I am wanting to learn for a skill to have for years to come. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ440 Simple Wiring 22 Apr 2019 07:53 #802612

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1619
Simplified wiring diagrams. KZR topic by loudhvx. bare bones for mattylight. see pages 11-21. There are a couple for the 440.
note: some of the diagrams are no longer there >> pg 1-10. But from pg 11-on many are still available.

Z1Enterprises.com has colored wire, connectors & terminal pins. probably some other stuff.
CycleTerminal has a good selection of connectors, terminals pins, etc., including some waterproof bullet connectors.
To crimp the terminal pins you'll need an open barrel crimper >> the crimps are very strong. Get extra terminal pins for practice or in case you mess up. I got most of my stuff from cycleterminal. I already had a HF ratcheting crimper, but the dies were wrong, so I got a set of open barrel dies on amazon.com. Cycle terminal has a crimper that costs about what I ended up spending.

Used wire harness. Alternatively, you might be able to find a good wire harness on EB. or at least some of the smaller harnesses & fuse box if you need it. see diagrams at Partzilla.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

KZ440 Simple Wiring 23 Apr 2019 05:45 #802676

• chopbobKZ750
  • chopbobKZ750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I found a diagram that should work on mattylights post. Should be a long stressful process but I look Into getting it done and learning along the way

KZ440 Simple Wiring 23 Apr 2019 06:06 #802678

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1619
CycleTerminal.com >> Tools & crimp page
My HF crimper is pretty much identical to the green one. I also have a set of the terminal pin extractor tools w the white handles >> they're kind of nice & very handy, instead of using a paper clip or whatever.

From cycleterminal. These are the same type of crimps found on the stock wire harness & they are very strong. Plus after crimping, you can see how good a crimp is. With the terminals that come with the plastic covers, you can't see the crimp where it counts.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: