1982 KZ750-M1 simplified wiring for kick only bobber.

More
14 Jun 2018 06:43 #785139 by mugfors
I used the search function and nothing came up.

I know some of the parts I need, like an on/off switch for the headlight and a capacitor, but the PO cut up all the stock wiring, I have the igniter still, but no voltage regulator and not much else.

I am planning on wiring it from scratch, I need to know EXACTLY what I need to get the bike running, and have directionals, high/low and tail light only. I don't want a neutral indicator or anything else, just the bare bones to bring this bike back to life and get an inspection sticker.

Also, I am going ALL LEDs (headlight, tail light, directionals) to keep the voltage draw down.

Thanks in advance!!!!

1981 KZ750M twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2018 07:09 - 14 Jun 2018 13:13 #785140 by martin_csr
bare bones for mattylight --- pg 11. Simplified wiring diagrams by KZRider loudhvx. see pages 11-21.
some of the wiring diagrams are no longer there (pgs. 1-10). But from pg 11-on many are still available.

The page I linked has a 750M CSR wiring diagram. maybe check if there's another wiring diagram for your bike,
The KZ750K Twin belt drive models are probably very similar to the 750-CSR. The 650-CSR is different as it is a 4-cyl.
I would try to keep the wire colors the same as the stock wiring diagram.

Z1Enterprises.com has electrical connectors & colored wire.
CycleTerminal has a good selection of connectors & etc. I've ordered from both places on multiple occasions.

Crimping. Get a good ratcheting crimper for use with open barrel terminals. When you order electrical connectors, get a dozen or so extra terminal pins so you can practice crimping. CycleTerminal has a reasonably priced green/black crimper. I already had a ratcheting crimper from HF, but the crimp dies were wrong, so I ordered a proper set from amazon.com.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2018 13:13 by martin_csr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mugfors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.