Caltric Stator for 81 Kz 1000

More
09 May 2018 07:58 - 09 May 2018 08:03 #783119 by old_kaw
Caltric Stator for 81 Kz 1000 was created by old_kaw
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI had been having issues with a low battery since last fall and I kept thinking it was my fleabay gel cell battery failed after only ~ 1 year. Out of curiosity a few days ago, I started checking voltages and resistances in the charging system, and found the ignition voltage to the regulator (brown wire) was ~1 volt down from the actual battery voltage. It seemed to be low coming from the ignition switch brown in the headlight, so I disassembled the switch and cleaned it all up nice and shiny. (I had put a dab of grease on the contacts when I first rescued this bike in 2013 that tuened to nasty gunk). At any rate, I still have low votage to the votage regulator, and it seems also low votage to the ignition circuit. (what really concerns me). I also found the stator to be shorted to chassis ground and the wired actially getting hot to the regulator and I could smell letting the smoke out of my wiring harness (it is still not totally fried, YET) ., and it was still charging >13 vdc above 2K rpm.. strange behavior with a shorted stator IMHO..
ANYHOW.. back to my original question,..

I assume with 100% buyer satisfction and all 5 star reviews / 55 sold, that this Caltric Stator is working good for everyone. It was only 27 bucks with fast and free freight.. Of course, I am asking this question AFTER I already clicked "buy it now" and the order is placed. lol

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Last edit: 09 May 2018 08:03 by old_kaw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2018 08:05 - 09 May 2018 09:00 #783120 by old_kaw
Replied by old_kaw on topic Caltric Stator for 81 Kz 1000
Here is the shorted stator, it definitely looks baked hard.

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2018 09:00 by old_kaw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.