Wiring ?????

More
03 Oct 2017 10:44 #772263 by Markovich
Replied by Markovich on topic Wiring ?????
So, after more inspection I have found that one of the yellow wires was used as an extension from the right hand control red wire to the red wire that goes to the ignition. I have a dyna S and it goes to it. The white/blue wire seems to run accessories. One part went through the loom and was dead ended at the head light (cut off and just sitting there). It also goes to the hazard relay. That's what has me worried, I don't want to impact another system by removing a wrong wire. That relay with it's jumper is my conundrum. I'm going to keep at it but it's frustrating as all get out. Just updating on progress as j go. Later, Keith

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2017 13:28 #772271 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Wiring ?????
Yes, the Dyna S kits come with those blue pastic wire splicers. Those are not good. You should try to make a more reliable connections. Those are known to fail.

More
03 Oct 2017 18:40 #772293 by Markovich
Replied by Markovich on topic Wiring ?????
Good point. I will change those connectors out for better ones. It's been quite a challenge and the self cancelling assembly is quite integrated into several places. Thanks!

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.

More
04 Oct 2017 05:30 #772313 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Wiring ?????
According to the diagram I have, it shouldn't be too hard to eliminate the self-cancelling feature. The actual wiring for the turn signals is pretty standard (according to the diagram). You can just lose the canceler unit and all the wires going to it.

Does the turn signal switch stay in position when move it? Or is it one of those that returns after you move it?

If it stays in position, you should be able to use it. If it's the type that returns to center, you may want to get a simple turn signal switch from a different Kz.