RE-KZP saftey switches

• Connisseour of junk
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Apr 2017 16:17 #760658 by Connisseour of junk
RE-KZP saftey switches was created by Connisseour of junk
Hi KZP owners
How to make your KZP more user friendly. I just bought a 2002 K1000P cop bike. The guy who took off the police gear messed up the wiring . So I found this site for a wiring diagram. While I was sorting it all out I decided to get rid of all the dumb lock out stuff on the kick stand,gear shift and clutch. Those who have not killed a engine in a intersection at the worst possible time will sooner or later. And once you pogo off a kick stand you will not do that any more.As it turned out all it took was adding a ground wire to the starter relay and all that go's away. One could add a over ride button in the ground wire and the rest of the stuff would work as always.. But if you are not smart enough to grab the clutch even if the neutral light is on you should really not be working with sharp tools. After getting stuck on a trail with my R100GSPD with a killed engine and left foot planted and still in gear I never let that happen any more. I also had a Guzzi that would start with the nuteral light on and still be in gear.
The connisseour of junk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.