Mystery Black Wire (Now With Pics Loaded)

More
21 Mar 2016 11:13 - 21 Mar 2016 11:55 #716545 by Bowman
Trying to get the wiring back together on my 76 KZ750 Twin. You know the bundle of wires that comes from the left handlebar controls? (horn. signal light switch and hi-beam switch)

Here is the wiring diagram:

Attachment P1020105.jpg not found

And here is my scooter

Attachment P1020106.jpg not found

Attachment P1020107.jpg not found

And here are my puzzles;

1. I've got a black wire with a female blade connector coming from the handlebar and no corresponding wire on the main harness to connect it to. What is this black wire supposed to connect to? To make matters worse I have no male blade connector of any colour to attach it to anywhere in the vicinity

2. The wiring diagram shows a black wire with a connector going from the horn to the horn switch but mine has no such connector, just a black and brown wire that plugs into the horn.

3. Just above the horn on the diagram there is a brown (looks more red than brown in the diagram but its brown) wire little stub going off to the left and terminating in the middle of nowhere. I don't see this anywhere on my bike.

The 6 pin connector checks out perfectly against the diagram and the blue wire with a bullet connector also checks out fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDITED Pics didnt load

Honda 55 Trail don't ask me what year, 65? (sold)
79 Yamaha XS400 (sold)
76 KZ750B Twin (project)
72 Honda CT70 (project)
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Mar 2016 11:55 by Bowman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
21 Mar 2016 11:22 #716546 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Mystery Black Wire
The black wire grounds the horn with the button. The brown wire is power.
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.