Poor spark and spark between contact breakers.

More
14 Mar 2016 04:13 #715318 by Svendsen
Replied by Svendsen on topic Poor spark and spark between contact breakers.
Patton i will try to check the plug for petrol when i tried starting it. I tried with start spray with no luck but maybe the problem is the lack of petrol. I get new condensators wednesday so with a little luck and a lot of help it will start! :-)

Z650/ gsxr600 Cafézaki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2016 05:33 - 14 Mar 2016 05:38 #715325 by Patton
Am uncertain as to the meaning of combustion a few times, but another possibility could be that the cam timing is incorrect.

With all the reported spark visibility and connection of the ignition in the right way, starting fluid should have afforded combustion despite a fuel starvation issue.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 14 Mar 2016 05:38 by Patton.

More
14 Mar 2016 09:21 #715359 by Svendsen
Oh i meant i will try the trick with pulling the plug to see if it has enough petrol. i mean combustion when the air fuel mix is ignited by the sparkplug. And i will check the cam timing also! :-)

Z650/ gsxr600 Cafézaki

More
17 Mar 2016 00:20 #715794 by Svendsen
Okay så i tried to change the condensers but with no luck. It still sparks between the contact breakers.. i tried to place the plug og the blok and even placed plug 1 and 4 and tried to turn and the spark was powerfull and continious.

I will try to remove the top next week to see if the timing chain (cam chain) is aligned properly.

Z650/ gsxr600 Cafézaki

More
17 Mar 2016 06:00 #715809 by 650ed
Take one more look at the advancer just be be sure it is correct. Make sure the little mark on the cam is oriented toward the hole in the backplate as shown in the image below. Ed

Attachment AdvancerCloseupwithArrows-2-3-4.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Svendsen

More
17 Mar 2016 06:36 #715813 by Svendsen
Thank you i will take another look and return :-)

Z650/ gsxr600 Cafézaki

More
17 Mar 2016 11:50 #715852 by Svendsen
Okay so today it started! I started with turning the advancer wrong at the time i put the engine together so the cam chain wasnt adjusted correct so after I adjusted the chain and added start spray it ran. Now the next project is to get the carburetors set properly. they are not standard but from a zx750 so i hope i can get them right. It ran with them before i began the project. Thank you guys for your time and help! :-)

Z650/ gsxr600 Cafézaki