Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.

• toyotakzrider
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Dec 2015 13:53 #703396 by toyotakzrider
Headlgihts Headlights Headlights. was created by toyotakzrider
Hey everyone, I have an 82 CSR Twin. I have changed the headlight to a Hella E-Code housing and put an HID bulb in it. And of course, it's bright, but I'm not happy at all with the light pattern.

So Here is the question, Has anyone successfully upgraded to a proper projector in our factory headlight bucket? It's not very deep and I'm afraid I'm going to run out of room in there. It's already pretty tight with the HID bulb in there.

Any ideas?

thanks
Eric
82 CSR Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2015 14:11 - 17 Dec 2015 14:16 #703398 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

toyotakzrider wrote: Hey everyone, I have an 82 CSR Twin. I have changed the headlight to a Hella E-Code housing and put an HID bulb in it. And of course, it's bright, but I'm not happy at all with the light pattern.

So Here is the question, Has anyone successfully upgraded to a proper projector in our factory headlight bucket? It's not very deep and I'm afraid I'm going to run out of room in there. It's already pretty tight with the HID bulb in there.

Any ideas?

thanks
Eric
82 CSR Twin

I went LED via Truck-Lites. It's a drop in sealed unit and is DOT approved. The pattern is great plenty bright and uses far less power than HID and Halogen. The great thing is you get LED high and low beam.

I did not order from this eBay seller.

I have better pics in my build thread. You can find a link in my signature.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Dec 2015 14:16 by kaw-a-holic.

• toyotakzrider
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Dec 2015 15:05 #703407 by toyotakzrider
Replied by toyotakzrider on topic Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationWell, I must say, WOW that's a hell of a machine you've got there. The headlight is a pretty interesting idea. I've read mixed results with LED headlights not lasting a long time though. Heat is a huge issue with them apparently. I am curious to see how long yours holds up for. My big thing is my bike is ridden just about every single day, I use it for primary transportation back and forth to work. I have a car too, but it isn't nearly as enjoyable as the old KZ. I too just finished repairing mine after I had to lay her down to avoid an asshole who changed lanes in front of me and slammed on his brakes. I didn't have damage nearly as bad as yours though. busted and bent bits in the front end. mainly. I did twist the forks though. had to replace those. they are cheap and since I converted to dual disc a while back, there is lots of them available.

kaw-a-holic wrote:

toyotakzrider wrote: Hey everyone, I have an 82 CSR Twin. I have changed the headlight to a Hella E-Code housing and put an HID bulb in it. And of course, it's bright, but I'm not happy at all with the light pattern.

Any ideas?

thanks
Eric
82 CSR Twin

I went LED via Truck-Lites. It's a drop in sealed unit and is DOT approved. The pattern is great plenty bright and uses far less power than HID and Halogen. The great thing is you get LED high and low beam.

I did not order from this eBay seller.

I have better pics in my build thread. You can find a link in my signature.

More
17 Dec 2015 15:18 #703409 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.
There is someone else here that also runs this light and loves it. The reviews on it are good, the build quality is great and designed to disspate heat.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 Dec 2015 15:41 #703416 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.
I'd like to have the LED but I couldn't afford it. I got the HID and am happy with it. The color gets attention, I can tell by the way people waiting look at me. :angry: :lol: They have to wait until I go by, GOOD. I'm convinced that chick wouldn't have turned in front of me. Maybe she would have but she wouldn't have been able to say "I didn't see you." :pinch:
Steve

More
17 Dec 2015 16:44 #703422 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.

toyotakzrider wrote: Hey everyone, I have an 82 CSR Twin......
thanks
Eric
82 CSR Twin

It would help a lot if you told us what model motorcycle you have. Is it a 1982 KZ305-CSR (A2) chain drive twin; KZ305-CSR (B1) belt drive twin; or 1982 KZ750-CSR (M1) twin? If you add the bike's year & model to your signature line it will be there in all your postings. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• toyotakzrider
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Dec 2015 21:17 - 17 Dec 2015 21:18 #703451 by toyotakzrider
Replied by toyotakzrider on topic Headlgihts Headlights Headlights.
Sorry it's a 750 csr twin

650ed wrote:

toyotakzrider wrote: Hey everyone, I have an 82 CSR Twin......
thanks
Eric
82 CSR Twin

It would help a lot if you told us what model motorcycle you have. Is it a 1982 KZ305-CSR (A2) chain drive twin; KZ305-CSR (B1) belt drive twin; or 1982 KZ750-CSR (M1) twin? If you add the bike's year & model to your signature line it will be there in all your postings. Ed

Last edit: 17 Dec 2015 21:18 by toyotakzrider.