Reg/rec wiring for Z1b

More
27 Oct 2015 10:33 #696145 by Burrows
Reg/rec wiring for Z1b was created by Burrows
Hey guys,
I'm trying to rewire this 1975 Z1 900. I got a new reg/rec combo from Z1enterprises. Since the wiring was in terrible shape and I want to clean it up, slim it down, and probably run it all through the frame I tossed the original wiring (or set it aside for the time being). The new reg/rec unit has 3 yellow, 1 brown, 1 black, and 1 white wire with a split on the end to receive 2 wires. I know the 3 yellow go to the stator, the black grounds to the frame, but the brown, and white have me perplexed. I think the brown is supposed to hook up to a hot wire powering accessories. But as for the white wire, I'm lost. I thought that it may go to the ignition switch? But what else is it supposed to hook up to? Am I on the right track? Anyone with a better knowledge base than myself want to fill me in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2015 11:03 #696150 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic Reg/rec wiring for Z1b
Click on the "Filebase" tab at the top of the page.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

More
27 Oct 2015 11:25 #696154 by Burrows
Replied by Burrows on topic Reg/rec wiring for Z1b
I've looked over the wiring diagram and read the description of installation off the z1enterprises site, I just wanted to know if anyone knew if my assumptions were definitely right or definitely wrong since the wiring diagram is for separate regulator and rectifier units and the new reg/rec is a single unit.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
27 Oct 2015 12:55 #696166 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Reg/rec wiring for Z1b
Yellow wires to the Alt. Brown to the switch. Black to ground. White to the + terminal to the battery.