Ignition Issues

More
10 Jul 2014 12:48 #639614 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Ignition Issues

MFolks wrote: No centerstand? Is the bike parked uncovered? I'd also check the gas tank for rust, especially if that's water showing in the tube.

That is water, Guess how I know...... :pinch:

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2014 12:50 #639615 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Ignition Issues
You have water in the system so you need to do a flush from top down, clean out the rust, install inline filters, clean the carbs well.

No air filters = never run right. may not run at all.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
10 Jul 2014 19:14 - 11 Jul 2014 03:06 #639655 by element303
Replied by element303 on topic Ignition Issues
yeah i just picked up the filters today after i put the bike back together. i drove it for about 4 hours without any bigger issues. still runs on 4 cyl. in the morning i check how the spark plugs look now. i replaced the jets slightly smaller in the troubled carbs and lowered the float level. now im starting to clean and polish the other carbs i have and will make a really nice bank next week. so far so good.

yes, i installed a inline filter and cleaned the petcock last week already. there was a bunch of rust or other dort stuck in there. the rest is stuck in the fuel filter now but nothing more comes through. i just parked the car under the roof of my entrance now and thats where i leave it from now on in any case the water comes from nightly rain.

maybe the admin like to rename and move this thread to carburetor category as it might help others.

Custom 1981 KZ750 rebuild project

[img
Last edit: 11 Jul 2014 03:06 by element303.

More
11 Jul 2014 19:09 #639769 by element303
Replied by element303 on topic Ignition Issues
looks like yesterday's adjustment was a success. i drove it for a whole day, no problems at all. today i pulled the plugs and they have a perfect reading :)

Custom 1981 KZ750 rebuild project

[img