I need to make the lights STOP BLINKING (was fuel

• fearnow
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Just this guy, you know?
More
12 Jan 2014 17:50 - 13 Jan 2014 09:40 #618362 by fearnow
All-
So doing what I thought was a check on the petcock revealed a leak through the rivet that holst the sending unit proper to the mounting plate. Call me frustrated..

How this magically gets electrics related is: So say i lose the gauge cluster on the tank altogether and make some stash-box or something for in there (good practice for my very fledgling metalworking skills) - will I survive without a stand light, a battery indiicator and a fuel gauge?

Oh wait, I know that answer. :laugh:

So what are the means by which i can disable the battery and low-fuel-indications at least, now that I'm hypothetically not going to be sporting them no mo'?

Any and all help appreciated!

(1985 zx750a3 in case that makes the difference)

ZX750A3// AR80A1
Last edit: 13 Jan 2014 09:40 by fearnow. Reason: Making the title somewhat relevant to 'lectrics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2014 10:27 #618431 by baldy110
Remove the bulbs

• fearnow
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Jan 2014 10:44 #618433 by fearnow
hurr hurr!

should have been clearer- losing the tank cluster-hoe do i disable the master alarm light for battery, fuel?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

ZX750A3// AR80A1

More
13 Jan 2014 12:59 #618452 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic I need to make the lights STOP BLINKING (was fuel
If you remove the tank cluster, the warning light on your dash will no longer function.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fearnow

• fearnow
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Jan 2014 13:10 #618453 by fearnow
well then!

I guess since I'm running an oil pressurfe gauge in the fairing inner I don't really need the red flasher...

There must be a way to run a pin through the plug in irder to get the operation back, but maybe it won't matter.

ZX750A3// AR80A1

More
13 Jan 2014 13:49 #618457 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic I need to make the lights STOP BLINKING (was fuel
I looked into it last year because my battery LED kept flashing, which in turn would flash the red light on the dash. The cluster makes the decision to flash the light on the dash. Exactly what are you trying to do?

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

• fearnow
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Jan 2014 14:29 #618462 by fearnow
The fuel sender unit started to leak through the rivet in the center and what with availability of those things, reliability, etc, I'm considering completely removing the gauge cluster. Maybe put a stash box or something in there, whatever. I'll make a blanking plate for the sender area and if I ever get around to doing Fuel Injection that would be a fine spot to plumb a fuel return.

So I'm sorting out what will happen if I lose that cluster.

Thanks for your responses, BTW.

ZX750A3// AR80A1