brake light pressure switch

• jtp103
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • John The Polock
More
02 Jun 2012 03:17 #526403 by jtp103
brake light pressure switch was created by jtp103
:unsure: My 78 KZ1000 A2A,has a hydraulic pressure switch on the front brake line.I have to put on quite a bit of braking pressure for the brake light to operate.Is there a way to make the pressure switch more sensitive. Sometimes I can come to almost a full stop without it functioning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2012 15:22 #526457 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic brake light pressure switch
I'd replace the switch if possible as it's probably failing. www.kandstech.com/index.php?page=brakeswitches makes replacement switches

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
02 Jun 2012 15:29 #526458 by DiamondSkyBlue1000
Replied by DiamondSkyBlue1000 on topic brake light pressure switch
In a word, no.
It could be the switch is faulty from being gunked up or your wiring is degraded (dirty connections and the like). Put a meter on it and measure the resistance across its terminals while you activate the brake to determine whether it's the switch or the wiring.
I don't suspect that you're not getting enough pressure to activate the switch because you mentioned the brakes work up front.

You can buy a replacement one here.

You can buy a different setup that eliminates the splitter entirely here.

More
02 Jun 2012 16:03 #526460 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic brake light pressure switch

jtp103 wrote: :unsure: My 78 KZ1000 A2A,has a hydraulic pressure switch on the front brake line.I have to put on quite a bit of braking pressure for the brake light to operate.Is there a way to make the pressure switch more sensitive. Sometimes I can come to almost a full stop without it functioning.

My 79 KZ750 is the same ever since it was new. I don't think the switch is adjustable

1979 KZ-750 Twin