almost

More
31 Oct 2011 18:49 #486343 by locolobo
almost was created by locolobo
almost have the wiring complete...a lil confused on something...i dont understand electrical symbols like whats closed whats open whats not used etc...but this is what i have left.....kz750 83 k1....

blk/yel with circular wire post connector.....assuming it goes to the frame somewhere?
red/yel bullit male
wht/yel bullit male
wht/lt blu/bullit male
yel/blk or blu cant tell female double bullit....thts about it....

thanx guys u all have been great....im learning all the time a lil awkward sometimes but im gettin there...ive got another dumb question to be posted in mechanicx corner.....its stupid but it happened and i cant believe i did it.....

locolobo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2011 13:14 #487224 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic almost
Can you tell what those wires are connected to?

More
06 Nov 2011 15:15 #487236 by ratvespa
Replied by ratvespa on topic almost
Im pretty sure on most all old kawi's the black yel is constant hot. most of my kawi's have a few spares for connecting accessories.

where are all those other wires located? front, under seat, etc...

More
06 Nov 2011 15:48 #487238 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic almost
I believe the Black with Yellow stripe is the common ground, found all over the bike. It will be a good idea to take a M6 X 1 tap and clean out any paint or rust from the grounding places, otherwise the circuit may not work.

Rebuilders forget to do this after painting the frame and wonder why the bike won't start...

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
06 Nov 2011 23:15 #487316 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic almost
As Mfolks says, black with yellow stripe is usually ground.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
06 Nov 2011 23:39 - 06 Nov 2011 23:41 #487318 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic almost
Here I found this wiring diagram, if you zoom in it is readable. If you open in Paint or another editor, you could circle or highlight your questionable connectors.
biquetoast.com/assortedDocs/750manualSupplement/329.JPG

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Nov 2011 23:41 by Motor Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: locolobo

More
08 Nov 2011 00:42 #487518 by locolobo
Replied by locolobo on topic almost
i can trace them again...coz i went to start it today and the darn bike was dead as a door nail...battery was charged and i can get power from starter relay when i jump with screwdriver...im thinking ive got a ground messed up somewhere...does it make any diff where the ground and pos are connected on the relay?if im thinking right some of the wires are for testing purposes...but i could be wrong this is the first time ive taken on such a big job plus i dont knw how to understand the diff symbols on wiring diagram....the blk/yel is my ground to the frame i believe...i will try and give you more info...i got fed up and walked away....did get it painted and cleared tho...so not a total wash out....thank you very much....
peace
doug

locolobo

• Motor Head
  • User
More
08 Nov 2011 00:44 #487519 by Motor Head
Check your fuses, with either a test light or a meter.
You have a few members in your area, maybe one of them could be bought for a few coldies?

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.

More
08 Nov 2011 00:47 #487520 by locolobo
under seat...most are coming from the starter relay side...shift side as u sit on bike....the blk/yel i connected to the frame next to fuse box...and on right side there is a neg wire i had connected to batt but will mount to frame....the red/whit is a male bullit that i believe is a test wire for troubleshooting...just a guess....i will do more and try and let you knw as soon as possible...right now the bike is deader than a door nail and the battery is fully charged...no head lite,no brake/running lite, nothin....thanks in advance...i appreciate all the help...its gona take me a few days coz i got pissed and walked away from it....
peace
doug

locolobo

More
08 Nov 2011 00:51 #487523 by locolobo
i did that today...havent tried to start it yet..but it was dead today and i started looking closer and found the pos wire to batt is all frayed will replace that tomoro with new fittings...well i did try to start it today and she was stone cold dead....batt is charged...will let u knw more details when i start tracing wires and writing down there location and what harness they are running from..
peace
doug

locolobo

• Motor Head
  • User
More
08 Nov 2011 00:51 #487524 by Motor Head
Red/white with a Bullet, thats the wire that runs from the Regulator/ Rectifier back to the battery. That should be the Charging system Output wire. It should be connected back to the battery + terminal, there will be a double connector that this Red/white will plug into. the other side of that double will have a white wire going to your fuse panel. This will feed the Main Fuse.

More
08 Nov 2011 00:56 #487526 by locolobo
no white wire but i do see what u r talking about tho...there is a red/white coming from the pos connected to starter relay but i didnt see a white bullit plug wire...will check closer tomoro...that helped alot...thanks

locolobo