Turn Signal Help Needed

More
18 Jun 2010 05:39 #376551 by roccon99
Replied by roccon99 on topic Turn Signal Help Needed
Hey everyone,

You guys were right, the brown wire was providing 12v and now the whole thing works perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to buy a new "electronic" relay. Turns out that the new turn signals I bought have smaller bulbs and weren't providing enough resistance to trip the relay. But, the electronic relay works great and I now have turn signals! Thanks to everyone for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2010 09:51 #376589 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic Turn Signal Help Needed
roccon99 wrote:

Hey everyone,

You guys were right, the brown wire was providing 12v and now the whole thing works perfectly. Unfortunately, I had to buy a new "electronic" relay. Turns out that the new turn signals I bought have smaller bulbs and weren't providing enough resistance to trip the relay. But, the electronic relay works great and I now have turn signals! Thanks to everyone for the help.

I bought a pair of those mini-stem lights for my fronts and at idle, they blink really slow. In fact, they actually come on solid for about 3 seconds, then blink at a slow rate. At speed, they blink fine though.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
18 Jun 2010 11:22 #376608 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Turn Signal Help Needed
djturnz wrote:

roccon99 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I bought a pair of those mini-stem lights for my fronts and at idle, they blink really slow. In fact, they actually come on solid for about 3 seconds, then blink at a slow rate. At speed, they blink fine though.

That's because at idle the system voltage is about 12V and at speed it's 14V. A standard blinker relies on current to heat the metal strip to make it curl, and going up on voltage also raises current which in your case is just enough to make it blink OK.

1979 KZ-750 Twin