Free Bike Givin To Me

More
04 Nov 2009 15:53 #331557 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Free Bike Givin To Me
thats why i like vm series carbs.....simple albeit a little antiquated......they get the job done and come in small,medium and large.....:laugh: ....had a set of bs 34...way too finicky and complicated for my neanderthal cranium...:laugh: :P .....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2009 16:34 #331560 by ndfez
Replied by ndfez on topic Free Bike Givin To Me
Cool gonna try it whats the worst that could happen buy new diaphrams which I need anyway.

More
06 Nov 2009 13:45 #331806 by ndfez
I got a dumb question were is the oil filter located on these 81 Z 750?

More
06 Nov 2009 14:09 #331811 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Free Bike Givin To Me
I'd think it would be located much like the bigger 4's are located. Look under the bike, there should be a round cover with a bolt holding it to the engine. Next to it will be the oil drain bolt.

The normal oil change procedure is to get the engine oil nice and hot,and drain the oil. Some aluminum foil can be used to keep the oil off the exhaust system if there is a clearance problem.

After the oil is drained, take a wrench to the cover bolt and the oil filter will be attached to the bolt.I think the bolt takes a 19MM wrench(could be wrong).

Check the condition of the O rings, especially the large one on the cover. When installing a new filter, put a little fresh oil on the O rings for a good seal. The filter may come with new O rings.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
06 Nov 2009 15:01 #331823 by ndfez
I took out the round cover with the bolt,but no filter inside alot of oil but no filter,wonder why there was no filter in there that baffles me.

More
06 Nov 2009 16:41 #331838 by keith1
ndfez wrote:

I took out the round cover with the bolt,but no filter inside alot of oil but no filter,wonder why there was no filter in there that baffles me.

there are a lot of hacks out there who figure "old bike, screw the filter, i m sellin' it anyway"....get a filter and make sure you have the spring and washer.....minor stuff....

More
06 Nov 2009 17:10 #331847 by ndfez
So there should be a spring in were the oil filter should be?keith1 wrote:

ndfez wrote:

there are a lot of hacks out there who figure "old bike, screw the filter, i m sellin' it anyway"....get a filter and make sure you have the spring and washer.....minor stuff....

More
06 Nov 2009 17:11 #331848 by ndfez
woops new to this quote thing next time put my message on the bottom

More
06 Nov 2009 17:27 #331854 by keith1
there is on the big bikes...i dont see why the smaller ones should be different......kawasaki.com has all the schematics you will ever need.....shows part numbers and general layout....very informative and can answer a lot of questions....not driving you away, but a good place for self edumacation.....

More
06 Nov 2009 18:10 #331862 by ndfez
Yeah that Kawasaki.com thing dosen't work for me says can't find my bike,plus I have a shop manual from Kawasaki coming to me,so the old wise man one said;paitence is a virtue

More
06 Nov 2009 18:25 #331868 by keith1
ndfez wrote:

Yeah that Kawasaki.com thing dosen't work for me says can't find my bike,plus I have a shop manual from Kawasaki coming to me,so the old wise man one said;paitence is a virtue

dont give it too much info.....hit motorcycles, then hit year, then it will give you a list.....your cc's wont be exact, just hit the cc class...if its a 750, it will show something like 768 cc cruiser......try it again....

More
06 Nov 2009 18:31 #331869 by keith1
try this link and when it opens hit "click here"...i got right in.....good luck

kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strConten...81%26SHOWVEHTABS%3d1