No spark !!! help please

More
23 Jan 2008 11:44 #190667 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic No spark !!! help please
sounds like a panel electrician worked on it and didnt mark the wires front and back, I am leaning towards the dyna not being hooked up right

Post edited by: BSKZ650, at: 2008/01/23 14:45

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PhildoBaggins
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Jan 2008 05:37 #191083 by PhildoBaggins
Replied by PhildoBaggins on topic No spark !!! help please
I just want to thank everyone who responded. I actually found out the problem. It was the mystery toggle switch the whole time. I went ahead and wired them together and it cranked right up. The carbs are going to be a whole new issue.

Thanks again i learned alot from this whole deal.

1975 Kawasaki Z1B Cafe (Project)
1979 Yamaha Xs400 Cafe Daytona

More
26 Jan 2008 18:41 #191159 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic No spark !!! help please
PhildoBaggins wrote:

I just want to thank everyone who responded. I actually found out the problem. It was the mystery toggle switch the whole time. I went ahead and wired them together and it cranked right up. The carbs are going to be a whole new issue. Thanks again i learned alot from this whole deal.

Glad to hear it's running. :cheer:

Perhaps the toggle switch is furnishing battery voltage to the Dyna (the tap to power the Dyna), as opposed to furnishing battery voltage to the coils. :unsure:

With the toggle switch terminals permanently wired together (thereby removing whatever function the toggle switch was providing), would assure battery voltage is not always being supplied to coils (even when the bike is parked), as this would be like always leaving a standard ignition key switch in the "on" position and never switching it to the "off" position.

Thanks for the report. :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD