Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mikuni BS34 pilot spec's 06 Nov 2006 19:51 #90153

• gmac52
  • gmac52's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
can anyone confirm if the correct pilot jet type for the Mikuni BS34 carb is the BS30/96 ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikuni BS34 pilot spec's 07 Nov 2006 05:38 #90210

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Actually, the BS30/96 style pilot jet is used in all rebuild kits but was not used originally in some BS34 applications. The Mikuni N151.067 pilot jet was used in OEM applications. The only difference between the two pilot jets is that the BS30/96 has holes in the long section on the sides and the N151.067 does not. The fitment is otherwise identical. I only buy the BS30/96 style jets for use in rebuilding and rejetting for my business as it doesn't seem to make a functional/performance difference to use only these style pilot jets as do the carb kit manufacturers.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Mikuni BS34 pilot spec's 07 Nov 2006 10:02 #90252

• gmac52
  • gmac52's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the assist! The usual suppliers (Canada) seem to be out of stock of the BS30/96 jets so I've had to locate another source - and they list two versions of the BS30/96 - with and without the drilled holes on the sidewalls. Before I ordered I wanted to at least make sure the BS series was correct. I couldn't recall if the OEM pilot was drilled so your note clarifies that for me as well. Thanks again.

Garry

• Page: