Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb rebuilding 06 Nov 2006 22:18 #90174

• SpokeWheel650B
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey Rahn, I'm in Chino, just a hop North of you. I am also chief tech at a non chopper bike shop here in Chino. IF you need help OR just come hang out for a while this is the place! My '78 KZ650B2 lives there as running proof we work on the older stuff (I prefer it really).

be good,
Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb rebuilding 06 Nov 2006 23:25 #90183

• Rahn
  • Rahn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Spokes!
I've got some detailing to do tomorrow, however where's the shop and i'll drop by? I'm between Schaeffer and Chino ave. off of Euclid in that area. Thanks for the invite. :cheer:

Carb rebuilding 07 Nov 2006 06:31 #90220

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Rahn, I'm an auto mech and can adjust to motorcycle easily, but spokewheels IS a bike mechanic and probably understands them more than I ever will. He's the better person for you, I'll be ok..... siiigghhhh... There's other fish in the sea. LMAO!!! By the way spokewheels, that is one F'in nice bike!! Only 3k on it? WOW Little old lady?? :laugh:
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

Carb rebuilding 08 Nov 2006 12:30 #90517

• Rahn
  • User
Blue! 'preciate the offer and the opportunity to get help...it's great at this point if I get help from the forum period! I think in the long run I will save more $$ and benefit better doin the carbs myself with assistance of some sort. Stay in touch; When I get it runnin' maybe I can ride my Beater to your Neck o' the Woods.

Rahn:lol:

Carb rebuilding 08 Nov 2006 12:39 #90521

• pyxen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
I hate you all with your eternal sunny weather.

:pinch:
84 KZ550-F2 LTD
93 ZR550-B4

Carb rebuilding 08 Nov 2006 21:17 #90660

• Rahn
  • User
"P"

You would've HATED today...87 degrees and gorgeous!! Cool breeze blowing too! I wanted to ride so bad that I adjusted my idle on the carbs just to get it running, but I think I need a new clutch cable!! See? told ya' I did'nt know jack about bikes! Just a few lines ago I said I needed a carb rebuild..go figure! It was running kinda rough but it was worth it!! Anyways, I don't take it for granted 'cause I'm from Virginia and the Marine Corps brought me here! I do wish you the best bro!

Rahn

Carb rebuilding 08 Nov 2006 22:28 #90672

• SpokeWheel650B
  • User
Hey Rahn, drop on by when you can....would be cool to meet up with you and put an ear to that Z. We are at 14750 Central ave across the street from the men's prison :blink: :whistle: . Give me a hollar 909 393 8884. Anyone else needing a shop with a definate bias towards aircooled fours and a tech who will ACTUALLY talk with you ....call B)

Thanks Blue...that bike came from a friend who told me the whole story behind it's non use. Nov.'77 dude buys it to run back and forth to college. Then it's 1980 and he decides he done with school and the baby Z :ohmy: and puts her under a blanket to sleep in his dad's garage. Skip to 1990 and the Z is moved to a new owner's garage and is registered but not put back into service...I know, weird but true. Skip AGAIN to 2005 and she is moved once again to a new owner's pad and is still not back in use. I aquire it through a happen chance phone call from a bud I had not seen in near 15yrs, says he has a KZ650 and would I like it. I hopped over to his place and fell in love :)
BTW...yes, it's finally awake now and runs just bitchen.

c'mon over sometime.

regards, Ray

Carb rebuilding 11 Nov 2006 16:35 #91293

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Man, Only 3000 miles???? God... your killin me!!! Got 48,000 on mine, but then I've been riding her for 26 years. I would love to find a deal like that!! Keep in touch..
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

Carb rebuilding 11 Nov 2006 16:46 #91295

• SpokeWheel650B
  • User
Hey Blue...if get a chance to come by the shop sometime, Rahn just rolled in this morning and we had a good chat and formulated a gameplan for his 1000P. It's really cool to meet up with some of the friends I see typing on here! :)
Guess I should organize some sorta meet of here, someday :)

be good now,

• Page: