carbs overflowing

More
21 Oct 2006 05:34 #85928 by lucas808
carbs overflowing was created by lucas808
I just cleaned my carbs on my 650. Everything looked great, bike had sat for over a year so thats why I cleaned them. Got all the junk out, put them back together, got them on the bike and then i figured out the petcock was bad. Got a new one. Now when I try to start the bike fuel runs out of the ventd on the bowls.
I had it running with a different tank while I was waiting on the new petcock to arrive, the carbs would leak out of #3 and #4. Took the carbs back off and noticed that the floats in those two were not stright and were sticking. Fixed that, put them back on and now they leak from all four.
Any ideas on what is happening, or how to fix it.
:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2006 05:47 #85930 by KB02
Replied by KB02 on topic carbs overflowing
Pull the carbs again and check out the floats once more. This may sound insulting, but are you sure you "fixed" 3&4 and not 1&2 by mistake? Just making a suggestion of something that I could very well have done myself.

One other thing to check is the brass overflow tube in the bowl itself. Check to see if the are cracked. If they are, it will not hold any fuel in the bowl.

More
21 Oct 2006 05:54 #85931 by lucas808
Replied by lucas808 on topic carbs overflowing
Ill check the brass, didn't think about that. And you could be right about the 1 and 2 verses 3 and 4, done stuff like that befor.

More
24 Oct 2006 18:06 #86982 by russell
Replied by russell on topic carbs overflowing
ok guys, what did you find out. i have a 1000r-2 and the outside carbs are overflowing also. have checked all the floats and they seem to be sealing, am looking for ideas. bike is bieng restored and am down to the small stuff. HELP. Russell

cant have too many toys 80 kz1000LTD, 82 kz1000r-2, 89 1200HD, 94 883HD, 84 250 suzuki dirt bike, plus cars and other boy toys

More
26 Oct 2006 17:56 #87640 by bsktlkkr
Replied by bsktlkkr on topic carbs overflowing
similar problem on my 650, rebuilt them and reassembled, double checked that i put the floats in right, and all other idiot checks... they still leaked, took a bit to get them to stop but it's just minor adjustments to the floats to make sure they are ALL set correctly, rig up a little hose assembly so you can eye it out, this will take the guess work out of it, it's posted somewhere on here

Post edited by: bsktlkkr, at: 2006/10/26 20:57