Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Opinions on jet kit and pods 14 Aug 2006 17:12 #69429

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
To you all who have done it: would you do it again, or leave the box and stock jets in?

I have the kit, and the pods, and the bike to me is pretty wickedly fast already.

Can it really be THAT big of a difference?
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opinions on jet kit and pods 14 Aug 2006 18:06 #69451

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Lots-o-opinions here on this topic I'm sure...:huh:

Can't beat pods (imho) from a maintenance point of view, but you get "still air" (ala wiredgeorge) with the air box and smoother operation in the wind. Pods sound great though especially in the higher rpm ranges.

I chose a new Mac 4>1 and K&N pods so I did a carb clean and rejet after some advice from wiredgeorge and everything came up roses. :P

I would say I traded smoother operation in crosswinds for a "sound" a "look" and a wee little performance gain at high rpm's. :whistle: Still get great fuel economy.

Post edited by: neilage66, at: 2006/08/14 21:08

Opinions on jet kit and pods 15 Aug 2006 02:29 #69563

• gpzrox
  • gpzrox's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks on that objective answer, neilage66. I think for my application, a fork brace or new springs would make the most difference for what I do. The mountain crosswinds could make too much of a difference in when I don't want it.
84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Opinions on jet kit and pods 15 Aug 2006 07:33 #69585

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Pods will cause a bit of turbulance when vehicles pass you in either direction or the day is windy. If you can live with this, pods/pipes do add a bit of power; mostly on the top. The Dynajet kit is ill-suited for use with BS34s; use Mikuni #140 mains and #40 (BS30/96) type pilots with the stock jet needles for the best performance gain. If you use the skinny jet needles they provide, you will likely find flat spots in the mid-range that are hard to tune out.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: