Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mikuni Flatslides. Need info 03 Aug 2006 03:03 #66865

• Z1109R Fin
  • Z1109R Fin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey all you Mikuni wizards. Need little info regarding Mikuni flatslides. Just bought RS34 and after checking them found out that they are really TM33-8012 with acc-pumps. A set of four off course to be bolted on my ELR. Last night took bike out for a test run and of course still some problems like air leaks but oh-boy they rock! Huge difference in power.

My Q´s are following: Is TM the oldest of Mikunis flatslides (TM, RS, HSR etc)? As far as I know they still make them and RS is allready out of production. Which model is the best when it comes to power? Any positive or negative comments TM33´s?

And thanks for your comments that I´m pretty shure I´ll get on this topic.

And the bike is ´83 Z1000R, 1109cc, slightly ported head, very open 4-1 with a Kerker (very loudB) )etc.
Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mikuni Flatslides. Need info 06 Aug 2006 10:02 #67475

• Z1109R Fin
  • Z1109R Fin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
:unsure: No answers at all:huh: Come on, there must be someone on this forum who knows about flatslides. As far as I know TM is newer but not so much sold as set-of-four aftermarket carbs. This set that I have has been in a Suzuki GSX-R. Just some info, pliiiiiis:silly:

Post edited by: Z1109R Fin, at: 2006/08/06 13:04
Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...

Mikuni Flatslides. Need info 06 Aug 2006 11:49 #67507

• fastestz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
on my only non turbo bike i run a set of 34mm RS flats
cant offer much info other than they never leak like my old 29smoothies,the difference in power is like night and day,im more than happy with the set i have.by the way i run K+N filters.

Mikuni Flatslides. Need info 07 Aug 2006 09:48 #67756

• Fossil
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
I only have experience with 36mm RS flatslides. No problems and yes they do make more power than diaphragm or round slide carbs, and the accelerator pumps are worth the cost.

• Page: