Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need carb specs for 1980 KZ650ltd 02 Aug 2006 22:42 #66861

• cfendrick
  • cfendrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ650ltd. Everything stock as far as I know on it. Carbs say Mikuni and also have MIC Kogyo printed on them if that helps any, not quit sure of which model they are but I bet they are VM24s?

My question is what are the stock specs on this before I take it apart and what would be my best setup? Bike has been sitting for a while. The manual i got has pages missing on this. Correct me if I am wrong on the specs below that I gathered on the forums.

Main jet: 95 or 100 also 97.5

Pilot jet: 17.5

Needle clip: on 3

Pilot screw turn out : 2 +- 1/4

Fuel level design 23mm

Fuel level service: 3 mm

Post edited by: cfendrick, at: 2006/08/03 09:53

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need carb specs for 1980 KZ650ltd 06 Aug 2006 20:07 #67623

• cfendrick
  • cfendrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I posted in wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors Tech Stuff forum :P and this is the response I got if anyone else was looking for answers. Thanks to wiredgeorge for this info.

There are about 20-25 different VM24 configurations (your carburetors are VM24). The main jet is likely #95, pilot is type VM22/210 #15 (style/size), Jet needle clip #4 slot, Pilot screw is probably correct at 2 +/- 1/4, and service fuel level is 1/8" below gasket mating line. I don't know or pay attention to Fuel Level Design spec. Most of the older floats have been bent inappropriately and this makes this type measurement very inaccurate. I do the Service Fuel Level Measurement. In stock condition (OEM airbox/pipes), these carburetors respond well to #102 main jets and #17.5 pilot jets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: