Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ550 Pipes, Filters and Jets 27 Jul 2006 00:14 #65083

• Stvsnclr
  • Stvsnclr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, I'm new on the block. I have an '82 KZ550 B3 which I would like to outfit with some Vance & Hines pipes that I've located, and perhaps pod filters as well. I assume that some rejetting will be required but can't seem to locate any jets for that model/year. I'd appreciate any advice on the project and parts sources. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ550 Pipes, Filters and Jets 27 Jul 2006 06:29 #65103

• DasTeufel
  • User
Keihin 393 series jets fit perfectly in those TK carbs. I am using 100's in mine currently. Your local bike shop should have them.
2009 KTM 690 SMC
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750

Wildomar, CA

KZ550 Pipes, Filters and Jets 28 Jul 2006 16:45 #65498

• Stvsnclr
  • Stvsnclr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Thanks for the info Das, I'm well on my way. What exactly did you do to your pipes to make them "open stock"?

KZ550 Pipes, Filters and Jets 14 Aug 2006 21:54 #69538

• XSsiveone
  • User
DasTeufel wrote:

Keihin 393 series jets fit perfectly in those TK carbs. I am using 100's in mine currently. Your local bike shop should have them.

Are the Keihin jets sized the same?

Brian

KZ550 Pipes, Filters and Jets 15 Aug 2006 07:40 #69590

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I don't have the "series" numbers for the Keihin jets but the small headed "main" jets used on Harley "big twins" are an exact fit for the Tekei main jets. Don't get confused by Keihin terminology as these same jets will be used as "secondary main jets" which are really main jets. They use a double main jet system where the primary "main jet" is actually a jet that feeds/augments the jet needle in the mid-range. The real main jet is called a "secondary main jet" on the carbs with double main jets. The only differenc between the Keihin mains you will want to buy and a Tekei is the odd Tekei hex head shape. The sizes of the jet orifice and the pitch on the jet thread are identical. You will need to buy a rebuild kit for your bike to get the other jets and they will only be in stock sizes (pilot jets) as I know of no source for larger Tekei pilot jets.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: