Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Transition holes: 21 Jul 2006 11:44 #63694

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Too bad you can't make the VMD event in Ohio. I look forward to it. I know a lot of the vendors and it is fun to get together. I will be attending with my good buddy roy-b-boy-b (Roy Smithson) who is a great gent... ain't got much sense but he has character bwhahaha Anyway, maybe if you get there next year, you can bring that bike!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transition holes: 22 Jul 2006 06:26 #63845

• The Fish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
wiredgeorge wrote:

Too bad you can't make the VMD event in Ohio. I look forward to it.[/quote

Yeah, You could show "King Carb" what transition holes are.
Bwahahahahahah
Fish

Post edited by: The Fish, at: 2006/07/22 09:27

Post edited by: The Fish, at: 2006/07/22 09:28

Transition holes: 22 Jul 2006 14:12 #63900

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Fish, Do you think that belittling someone makes you look bigger or smarter or clever? I can't recall you helping a soul on this board for all your superior attitude. In fact, I feel sorry for you as you are a pathetic person. I will pray for you. God bless you and may he lift your problems and show you some light.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Transition holes: 22 Jul 2006 14:43 #63901

• ibsen22000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
The Keihin 41mm CV Carburetor that has been used with success on Harleys have got a series of 4 or 5 transition holes to ensure a smooth transition from the pilot system to the needle jet/jet needle system.

Transition holes: 23 Jul 2006 11:40 #64061

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
The Fish wrote:

Your efforts may be more fruitful if you would pray to the carb gods for something that resembles carb knowledge.

Normally I just ignore these kinds of threads that go astray and stay out of the arguments, but I tire of seeing the same counter-productive posts made over and over again by the same exact members.
There was a time when good info and advise was posted and just left it at that. But recently, I haven't seen one single post made some members where there hasn't been tossed in some kind of insult or attempt at degrading/belittling other members.
So what's the deal????

There is not one of us here that can honestly claim perfection, so we are bound to see incorrect info/advise given once in a while...it happens.
This can be attributed to an incomplete description of a problem, or simply a misunderstanding of the question(s) asked.
AFAIC, WG addressed his misunderstanding of the info given and the problem description.
Next time anyone feels perfect, try walking on water.

So I say to these members, that if you can't offer an answer to the question(s) being asked, and can't help set someone straight on some possibly incorrect info they gave without being an ass about it, why bother even logging in here?
Like everyone else here your input is voluntary, nobody is twisting your arm or holding a gun to your head for a response.
So if this site and some of the members within just don't sit right with you, then why even bother logging in at all?

Whether it be in the flesh or on the net, most folks don't care to be where they're not wanted.
It's not rocket science, make a choice.

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2006/07/23 21:55
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Transition holes: 23 Jul 2006 13:10 #64064

• Krammit2
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Agree 100% Retro. WG has helped many here. He has helped me many times with his posts to others. I have not had much to say here but this I will say. :P

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/07/23 21:16

Transition holes: 23 Jul 2006 18:15 #64099

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207

Moderator hat on

This "IS" a tech forum, not a flame fest, so lets argue about tech stuff and not who is the best at whatever :)
{/quote]

KD9JUR

Transition holes: 24 Jul 2006 08:34 #64210

• ibsen22000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I really didn’t want to post any more in this thread, but like Mr. Fish, and as it seems at least one other member, I must admit that I was a bit astonished to learn that a professional carb rebuilder didn’t know the basic principles about a commonly used type of carburettors. The rest of us are excused for our lack of knowledge, since we are only humble amateurs. But I do feel that a professional mechanic, and also a moderator of this forum, should approach a problem in a more suitable manner. The comment about another member being pathetic, and in need for a prayer and blessing from God to cure his personal problems, is far from suitable, and as I see it, an attempt to cover up the fact. A simple and humble admission of a lack of knowledge would have been more appropriate, and it probably wouldn’t have turned this thread into a mess, but into a valuable and instructive topic about carburettors.

• Page: