Cant find carburetor boots anywhere.

• SirCanucklehead
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Jun 2024 07:26 #901485 by SirCanucklehead
Cant find carburetor boots anywhere. was created by SirCanucklehead
I have a 1984 KZ550 LTD Shaft (F2). I just got it running after sitting for over 2 years. Unfortunately, I suspect that I have a pretty bad vacuum leak at the intake boots (the rubber holders attached to the head that the carburetors set into, part #16065-1110). I've searched high and low, and placed 3 orders on 3 different websites, all of which were immediately cancelled on me because no one has these parts in stock. The only site that may have them is cmsnl, which I've had great experiences with, but I'd be paying nearly $300CAD for them which I'd really rather avoid (this is assuming they don't also immediately cancel on me due to not being able to source them).

I'm going to attach a picture that shows all the relevant measurements of these boots. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me to either an aftermarket option with the same dimensions that I could reliably source for a half decent price, or alternatively, somewhere that I could have them made to spec for less than $300.

1984 KZ550 LTD Shaft
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2024 08:36 #901486 by jwfels
Replied by jwfels on topic Cant find carburetor boots anywhere.
look up cruzin image in Japan have used for air cleaner boots, look up carb insulators

Z1A AND 81 650

More
29 Jun 2024 08:38 #901487 by jwfels
Replied by jwfels on topic Cant find carburetor boots anywhere.
they show 550 both sides not expensive, aftermarket, and ships fast

Z1A AND 81 650
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirCanucklehead

• SirCanucklehead
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Jun 2024 08:58 #901490 by SirCanucklehead
Replied by SirCanucklehead on topic Cant find carburetor boots anywhere.

they show 550 both sides not expensive, aftermarket, and ships fast

You're a life saver, $60 all in is a steal. They actually have a storefront on eBay so I just ordered that way to save myself from making another account on another site.

1984 KZ550 LTD Shaft

More
30 Jun 2024 13:45 #901560 by chopper1963
Replied by chopper1963 on topic Cant find carburetor boots anywhere.
Those cruzin fellows have saved me on a couple of bikes. They had boots for a GT550 I did a few years ago and at the time they were impossible to find.