• Page:

TOPIC:

kz650f1 carburetor replacement 25 May 2024 01:48 #899686

• adrians
  • adrians's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Guys,
i have a kz650f1 1981 with some issue to the carbs.So My idea it's to replace  it with carbs from kz650b (because find the spare parts is much easier)  but i don't if they fit on it.
i'm in contact wit a seller with overhaul carbs for kz650b , but he asked me if my carbs are CV or Vm and i really don't know.
Does anyone can help me?
thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kz650f1 carburetor replacement 25 May 2024 03:36 #899687

• zed1015
  • Away
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1500
Looking at your previous thread on the same subject last year you have asked for virtually the same advice and you clearly have non pumper VM 24mm slide carbs not CV's.
In your previous thread you even posted a pic of the VMs and stated yourself what they are so i don't know why you now claim you don't know ?
The sellers 'B' model carbs will be the same unless they are the VM22mm versions which you should avoid.
Spares for the sellers B carbs if 24mm are the same as your F1 carbs and are very common.
Again looking at your previous posts and our previous replies i still see no reason why your existing VM's will not work unless there is serious damage to them ( which i doubt ) and maybe the issue you have is likely not carb related but due to other faults or lack of mechanical knowledge.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: by zed1015.

kz650f1 carburetor replacement 26 May 2024 09:30 #899754

• 82KZ305Belt
  • User
  • Thank you received: 36

Looking at your previous thread on the same subject last year you have asked for virtually the same advice and you clearly have non pumper VM 24mm slide carbs not CV's.
In your previous thread you even posted a pic of the VMs and stated yourself what they are so i don't know why you now claim you don't know ?

Can't answer for the OP, but perhaps poor memory? I couldn't remember something I posted a year ago, lol. 

• Page: