Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb VM Craploads of stuff 13 Dec 2023 09:57 #892700

• asphalt900
  • asphalt900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Long time since last visit for sure! Hate to just jump in here after a long hiatus and start peddling crap, so i won't but had some free time sorting thru all containers/bins and realized i'm a horder, ask Marty, ha. Just got my little outdated camera to function again to load pictures. Still not good at it, re-learning the buttons/functions. Regardless, i know several of You Cats need bits/pieces for Your fixers. The one pic shown is of a couple 28 pumpers, 1980 E2 and LTD. These are slated for persons that sent them to me and not for sale but gives one the idea of parts available. Nothing not worthy of functional application. I've tupperware containers of this VM stuff and multiple single Keihin/Mikuni smaller/bigger stuff. Not sure if it's OK anymore to include a phone number here or not? Moderater let me know. Have a Great Day, Clay
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb VM Craploads of stuff 14 Dec 2023 13:29 #892730

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 517
Hello Clay, My Friend! Yes this is Marty from Buffalo!
We developed a friendship back Pre-Covid when I was introducing a few of you guys here to "Tripp Plating" in Buffalo for Chrome and Zinc plating.
Clay does fantastic restoration work on anything from vintage motorcycles, carburetors, farm equipment to chain saws!
He taught me plenty of OEM, stock items etc.!
He is very knowledgeable! We talk at least once a week and have been trading parts and work back and forth!
He turned me on to a trick with carb bowl gaskets, by using correct o-ring material for old bowl gaskets! Works great for
the few jobs I've done! 
One time, I sent him a whole pile of switch controls I thought was just junk! For his inventory!
Few weeks later, get a package in the mail? He goes, all that junk? he put together a set of correct date coded 76 KZ900 handle bar controls! All new wiring and plastic coating! What a surprise! They look better than new! He also speedo's and tach's
But! Here is my Shout out to Clay in Kansas!
Here are pics of the controls he re-did about a year ago!
Great Guy and Restorer!

Marty in Buffalo  ( Ok Clay, make sure you spell my name right on the bribe check)     
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: asphalt900

Carb VM Craploads of stuff 15 Dec 2023 03:42 #892754

• asphalt900
  • asphalt900's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 167
Good Morning Marty! Thanks for the kind words but you realize unsolicited kudo's only pay half-price, HA ha ha. Check or food stamps, haven't decided yet, will be posted! You and Janko are the only ones here that have an idea the abundance of stuff i actually have accumulated. Although Greg's attic I'm sure is at/over it's rated load capacity!!  

• Page: