Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pilot Jet part dimensions 08 Jan 2023 15:50 #878677

• Dunemaster
  • Dunemaster's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought a KZ750 a little bit ago to fix up and found it was missing the plugs that cover the pilot jet in the carburetor. I think I saw somewhere on the forum that the height of the plug is important to ensure it doesn't come loose in the carb bowl. I've decided I am going to just machine the plugs out of aluminum because I can't find them anywhere online and I already have the seals for them. Does anyone know, have, or can get the critical dimensions for the part? 

part number if anyone is wondering: 11012-1128

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pilot Jet part dimensions 08 Jan 2023 17:44 #878678

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2671
What about modeling clay to judge how high the plugs should be?  Stick a chunk over the pilot jet passage, then install the float bowl and tighten it down.  All other dimensions are easy to determine based on the carb and O-ring.  

BTW, brass might be a better choice of material.  It won't corrode as fast as raw aluminum.

Pilot Jet part dimensions 09 Jan 2023 09:27 #878687

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
This may not be much help.  DoctorRoboto may have the dimensions but hasn't been on the site for a number of years & I'm not sure if there's an email address for contacting him.  He made copies using a jeweler's lathe, so the float bowls help keep them in place. From his comment, apparently there's a tang or something on the bowls.

Also, there's an image of an oem cap 11012-1128 on the internet being measured by someone else using a digital caliper: length is 14.7mm. 

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Pilot Jet part dimensions 02 Feb 2023 19:45 #879699

• Bogie1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
I have a 1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD, I had the carbs apart last month and took these measurements as I was considering making some plugs for my carbs. Keihin CV34 
sorry for the sloppy sketch, I never meant for these to be shared ,let me know if you need further clarification.
measurements are in inches.
also I need a left and a right fuel bowl if anyone has one available, Thanks 

Mike Bogos
1978 Kawasaki 1000 LTD
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 Project
1982 Suzuki 1100 L
1971 Rupp Roadster
1965 Olds 442 Conv
1970 Olds 442 Conv
Attachments:

Last edit: by Bogie1.
  • Page: