Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1982 KZ750 Twin Carb/Fuel Lines 06 Jan 2023 13:37 #878624

• asugar5
  • asugar5's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am putting my 1982 KZ750 twin back together and I forgot to take a picture of the fuel/vacuum hose's correct positions. I think I have the vacuum line to petcock chosen correctly, it is shown in the picture below. However I am unsure of where the main fuel line goes on the carb. In the other picture there are 2 lines, one clear and on black that run to 2 T-joints near the bottom of the carbs. Initially, I connected the main fuel line from the petcock to the clear line, but fuel started leaking out of the bottom of the air filter box. I am fairly certain that the lower, slightly further back T-joint with the black line in the photo is the correct one for the fuel line now. I am having a hard time finding information in the service manual, so any confirmation of this theory is greatly appreciated :-)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 KZ750 Twin Carb/Fuel Lines 06 Jan 2023 14:47 #878625

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 368
I think the lower one is the fuel inlet and the higher one is the vent connection.   See this link  wgcarbs.com/index.php/using-joomla/exten...-categories/93-KZ750
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT
The following user(s) said Thank You: asugar5

1982 KZ750 Twin Carb/Fuel Lines 06 Jan 2023 22:03 #878633

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
The lower tee between the carburetors is for the fuel & the upper one is the vent.  Each carburetor has a vacuum port up high on the engine side of the carburetors >> the motorcycle came from the factory w the Kawasaki clean air system which uses engine vacuum to function & the vacuum tubing system has a tee for the petcock vacuum tube.  See airbox diagram for the tubing >> the one coming off the side from the middle tee is for the petcock.  If the clean air system has been removed or disabled, cap one of the carburetor vacuum ports & use the other for the petcock.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...82/csr-twin-kz750-m1
The following user(s) said Thank You: asugar5

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: