Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ550 carburetor rebuild - now bike won't run well TK26 CV carbs Help! 24 Oct 2022 13:51 #875946

• gvin
  • gvin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1

Have you adjusted the valves, and made sure the spark advances moves smoothly?  Airfilter in the airbox?
Took a look at the spark advancer and looks squeaky clean, moves freely and smoothly.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ550 carburetor rebuild - now bike won't run well TK26 CV carbs Help! 24 Oct 2022 13:52 #875947

• gvin
  • User

try raising needles 1 notch [ lower clip ] seems lean through mid range, i just done a  gpz 550 all stock and it was terrible lean with todays gas. report back
Can you please clarify what needles you are talking about? 

KZ550 carburetor rebuild - now bike won't run well TK26 CV carbs Help! 12 Dec 2022 16:13 #877745

• GpzGreen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I think he is referring to the jet needle.  My Gpz with same carbs is acting the same way.
Bike is stuck in the garage, it will start and idle but bog when given throttle as in your very good video. 
Carbureted perfectly before I parked it and all 4 were rebuilt only changing O-rings.  
Any new help for us please?
1982 GPZ-550

KZ550 carburetor rebuild - now bike won't run well TK26 CV carbs Help! 19 Jun 2023 06:49 #886160

• gvin
  • User

I think he is referring to the jet needle.  My Gpz with same carbs is acting the same way.
Bike is stuck in the garage, it will start and idle but bog when given throttle as in your very good video. 
Carbureted perfectly before I parked it and all 4 were rebuilt only changing O-rings.  
Any new help for us please?
Nothing else. Still unresolved. I adjusted the floats and same problem. Did you fix yours?

KZ550 carburetor rebuild - now bike won't run well TK26 CV carbs Help! 03 Jul 2023 03:45 #886760

• Stig
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Just a thought, could it be a coil problem when hot? Are you getting a good spark after the bike is up to normal temperature. are the plugs the correct ones (not just the right size but the correct number (as this will effect the heat of the plug).

KZ550 carburetor rebuild - now bike won't run well TK26 CV carbs Help! 03 Jul 2023 09:47 #886780

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1929
Just for testing reasons, cover half of the airbox intake with tape and do a test ride.