Carb part question and ID

• epiphalactic
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
29 Jan 2022 19:02 #861406 by epiphalactic
Carb part question and ID was created by epiphalactic
Hey guys another question, I figured I'd post it separately since it wasn't quite related to my other thread. I've been looking at tons of parts diagrams for different sets of carbs, and I cannot find what the parts pictured are called.  As well, and most of the diagrams I see, the needle jet is three pieces, well four I guess if you count an o ring.  So it is the actual main jet itself, and then the holder that screws into the place where the needle pokes out, and then on top of that they show another small piece that I guess they are calling just the needle jet. I've shown a picture of my needle Jets, I don't see how anything would screw onto it but I just wanted to make sure that I am not missing a part.  Also, I'm having trouble finding the body of that needle jet, on ebay.  Maybe I am calling it the wrong thing, is that just a needle jet holder or what would that be called? As well does anybody know where I can find this specific one? 
the brass jet thing to right of mixture screw. I need two more of these, though, I haven't looked but it seems like they are the exact same on the VM 24s and two of them have them so I may be able to get them out and put them in the new carbs.  I had the other two but I either damaged them getting them out, or I lost them.  

It does not look like there was ever meant to be another part and I don't recall there being another part, and it looks as if the needle seats into it far enough to stop the flow, but I just wanted to double check. I also need one more of these.  I'm finding lots of things that are similar but not exact. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
29 Jan 2022 19:44 - 29 Jan 2022 19:45 #861411 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Carb part question and ID
The needle sits under the slide and moves up and down with the throttle control.
The jet needle sits up in the center hole of the lower part of the carb and protrudes into the air passageway.  The needle sides up and down in the needle jet.
The emulsifier (you are holding it in that last photo) screws into the center hole in the lower part of the carb and holds the jet needle in place.  There are different emulsifiers for different carbs so you need the ones for your VM26 carbs.
The main jet screws into the bottom of the emulsifier.  It should have a number on it on the bottom.  Look at the lower photo.
The pilot jet screws into the hole next to the emulsifier.
In the first photo you are showing the pilot fuel adjuster.  When the carbs are on the bike they are underneath and closest to the engine.
That long piece of brass thing in the first photo is for the choke circuit.  It is not your needle jet.

If my other post is correct these carbs are off a '77 KZ1000.  You can find diagrams on Partzilla.  Here.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...arts-77-78-a1-a2-a2a

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2022 19:45 by hardrockminer.

More
01 Feb 2022 23:57 #861634 by kevski
Replied by kevski on topic Carb part question and ID
The brass part in your hand is the emulsion tube, and the brass pipe in the carb body is part of the enrichment/choke these are not obtainable and are sweated in.

More
03 Feb 2022 12:25 #861738 by Ian R Powell
Replied by Ian R Powell on topic Carb part question and ID
If you go to (  Kawasaki Motorcycle Parts [Vulcan, Ninja, Dirt Bike Parts + More] | Partzilla.com  ) it gives you all the Years from 1966/2022 Click on the Year and then your Model and then Category the Drawing you want will be there along with the Decription and Part Number.  

More
03 Feb 2022 12:40 #861740 by Mikaw
Replied by Mikaw on topic Carb part question and ID

1976 KZ 900 A4 kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/613548-1976-kz-900-a4
1976 KZ 900 B1 LTD
1978 KZ 1000 B2 LTD
1980 KZ 750 E1
Kowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens.
Jimi Hendrix.