Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BS34 question 06 Apr 2021 13:20 #846278

• davido
  • davido's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 286
Should the air screws have springs under them or do they just pop in au natural? I cant see anything on the schematic but what stops them tightening or loosening from vibration?
Also,should I use any type of grease when reassembling the carbs? White grease,? Bearing,? Silicone? Nothing at all?
Thanks for any advice.
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550
(CB500/4)
(CBX750)
GSF600
KZ1000CSR
XT 600e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BS34 question 06 Apr 2021 14:35 #846282

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1895

davido post=846278Should the air screws have springs under them or do they just pop in au natural? I cant see anything on the schematic but what stops them tightening or loosening from vibration?
Also,should I use any type of grease when reassembling the carbs? White grease,? Bearing,? Silicone? Nothing at all?
Thanks for any advice.

Yes, spring,washer, o-ring. I do oil all shafts and sliding parts with silicone oil.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: davido

Last edit: by Scirocco.

BS34 question 06 Apr 2021 16:06 #846287

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2672
The photo Scirocco shows is of a Suzuki GS BS Mikuni.  The KZ Mikuni's, at least some of them, have a slightly different arrangement.  The later type for example use an o-ring around the screw up near the head.  The O-ring is larger than the small O-ring that goes on the tip, and there is no washer.  And yes, a spring is needed to keep them from moving.

Regarding grease, silicone grease is best for the O-rings.  Some grease is also good on the pilot screw threads so they don't seize into the carb body which they sometimes like to do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davido

• Page: