Can't find parts.

More
25 Mar 2021 12:48 #845498 by Stumpy4u
Can't find parts. was created by Stumpy4u
After looking for most of 2 days, I have only found 1 place with diaphragms, www.carburetordiaphragms.com/shop/kawasa...hin-cv32-carburetor/
And not a single place with the correct rebuild kit for the carbs. No idea how many sites I've looked at. Searched on both Yahoo and Google.
Does anyone know where to find these items for my '81 kz305-a1?

1981 KZ305A CSR
Western Kentucky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
25 Mar 2021 13:54 #845499 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic Can't find parts.
Did you look at  jbmindustries.com/index.html   ?  Depending upon what condition the brass is in you may not need a kit.  Just some cleaning of them.  Most likely will need rubber (o-rings) When I clean/rebuild carb(s) I open them up and see what is needed and then only order/purchase that, but again what do I know. If parts are needed then I will attempt to purchase them from the maker of the carb(s)

As to places to look for parts here are some online locations
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I HAVE NOT VISITED ANY OF THESE SITES IN SOME TIME SO DO NOT KNOW IF THEY ARE CORRECT ANY LONGER.  I CREATED THIS LIST MANY MANY YEARS AGO.

.nrp-carbs
pjmotorsports
jetsrus
oldbikebarn.
cycleorings
z1enterprises
sudco

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stumpy4u

More
25 Mar 2021 14:10 - 25 Mar 2021 14:44 #845500 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Can't find parts.
Why do you want rebuild kits?  Are your jets destroyed?  Assuming the brass jets are okay then they should be reused.  Given that, the only thing you need are the O-rings and the O-rings are common parts as used on lots of other Kawasaki bikes using Keihin carbs.  The sizes listed below are for the KZ750E and H bikes.  You can do a cross reference using Partzilla to verify they fit on your 305.  I did a quick spot check and the numbers I checked all cross reference.

Edit: the one part that's good to replace, other than O-rings, is the float needle. The needle is shared with tons of different models and Keyster makes the best aftermarket needles.  OEM is best of course, but Keyster is decent.  Most other aftermarket needles are poor because the spring inside is too weak to hold up the float.

Regarding the diaphragms, it's not a trivial task to change them.  Are you familiar with the process?  I did some recently on some Mikuni slides and it took quite a bit of doing using a lathe to get the slides properly anchored.  JMB diaphgrams are quite a bit easier to install.  You might want to check those out.

jbmindustries.com/Dimensions.html

Pilot Screw: 1.2 x 2.6
Pilot Plug: 1.5 x 2.8
Fuel Transfer Tubes: 2.0 x 5.5
Drain Screws: 1.4 x 4.0
Float Bowl: 2.0 x 67
Last edit: 25 Mar 2021 14:44 by Nessism.

More
25 Mar 2021 14:42 - 25 Mar 2021 14:43 #845501 by davido
Replied by davido on topic Can't find parts.
You should find something here;
www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-kz305_model12474/

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550 (1978)
CB500/4 (1972)*
KZ1000CSR (1981)
XT 600E (1999)
TDM900 (2003)
Last edit: 25 Mar 2021 14:43 by davido.

More
25 Mar 2021 15:36 #845505 by Stumpy4u
Replied by Stumpy4u on topic Can't find parts.
Thanks for all the info guys.
Yes, the jets are messed up. Had a lot of trouble on 1 because it was partially broken, and this thing sat for a couple years with muddy gas in the whole system. When I first started the right side was 100% blocked, had to use small pieces of copper wire to dig the dirt out. 
And finally with a lot of help from the great ppl here I learned how to totally clean it out and got it to run again.
I found the jet/o-ring kit at Old Bike Barn. And after seeing the prices on the individual parts, the 30 bucks a kit looked pretty good. Gonna go down in a few min and pull them back apart to measure it so I can order the diaphragms and  intake boots from jbm.
Found big dry rot cracks in the boots the last time I took the carbs off.
Thanks again for all your help!

1981 KZ305A CSR
Western Kentucky