KZ200 1mm+ bore talk me through jets...

More
23 Mar 2021 09:05 - 23 Mar 2021 09:07 #845386 by Peelz
carb tuning-its been awhile for me. toys have been mostly FI for a decade really.... I believe the carb is keihin pw 26.

So i rebuilt with + .04 bore job (not by choice, it was shot-long story) so whatever that is now.. like a whoppin 205cc? lol  added pod filter, original was a mouse nest. threw in a 120 main jet. left needle stock. 

Idles fine, open throttle first 1/3, fine... but stumbles REAL bad at mid high throttle. I think i didn't go high enough-didn't account for the pod filter maybe....

my thought is, 130, maybe 140 jet, needle clip up? pilot

also have to change pilot, the set i bought had wrong type so its still stock. need to buy more, which is the reason I ask for advice, make sure I get a kit with the right #'s this time. 

any advice is helpful

Last edit: 23 Mar 2021 09:07 by Peelz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
23 Mar 2021 12:47 #845393 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic KZ200 1mm+ bore talk me through jets...
I could certainly be wrong as the manual I have access to is from a year or 2 before your bike. It indicates a PW26 carb not the PWK26 you have.  The PW came with a 110  main.   What were  stock jets on the PWK?. I ask because if the mains are the same size then you would have increased them by 4 (110 to 120) which sounds too large of an increase for a pod filter.  But what do I know, as I have never worked on a kz200 or pw or pwk 26 carbs. 

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peelz

More
25 Mar 2021 08:29 #845489 by Peelz
Replied by Peelz on topic KZ200 1mm+ bore talk me through jets...

I could certainly be wrong as the manual I have access to is from a year or 2 before your bike. It indicates a PW26 carb not the PWK26 you have.  The PW came with a 110  main.   What were  stock jets on the PWK?. I ask because if the mains are the same size then you would have increased them by 4 (110 to 120) which sounds too large of an increase for a pod filter.  But what do I know, as I have never worked on a kz200 or pw or pwk 26 carbs. 

Stock was 110, but I also bored it out over 1mm. I'm just thinking out loud that that plus a totally less restrictive intake might need more. 

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
25 Mar 2021 09:10 #845492 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic KZ200 1mm+ bore talk me through jets...
Ok I get that with the over bore you have increased from 198 to 205 but if you were still using the stock air box and filter you would not need to increase the main at all.The bike would work fine with stock settings.  In the  past I have had success for the most part by increasing the main 2 sizes when changing air box for pod filter.  Not saying this is what you require, but it is a good starting point for this type of change.  I just think the 120 is too large.

I do not know if zed1015 is making air corrector jets for this type of carb, but you might want to check out his posts (  kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air...-round-slide-mikunis ) for more info and maybe send him a pm about your carb.

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT