Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb idleing problem 07 Mar 2021 09:55 #844519

• BryanD1
  • BryanD1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a gpz1100 motor with Mikuni BS34 carbs The jetting and setup was fine last year and idled just fine It idles perfectly with the enricher half out but slowly dies when the enricher is fully in. Mid-range and upper rpm everything is like a swiss watch. Things I have done was remove all jets and cleaned them and the passages they sit in, checked that no diaphragms where the needles are were damaged, float bowls cleaned and also making sure all got gas to them, new o rings on the idle circuit plugs took out all the air screws and cleaned the chamber they are in and reset it to the settings they formally were set out when all worked right I am obviously missing something and want it to idle with no enrichment on Turning up the throttle screw to increase rpm does nothing to help in case someone writes me as the fix........ LOL I sure would like some advice and direction Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb idleing problem 10 Mar 2021 15:58 #844723

• riturbo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Gpz 750 turbo The one I ride
Gpz 750 turbo Not finished
Gpz 750 turbo Not started
Gpz 550 1981
Gpz 550 1983
Bunch of other junk

Carb idleing problem 10 Mar 2021 16:11 #844725

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2674
This rebuild tutorial will help. The Suzuki GS version BS34's are slightly different from the KZ version but not in any significant way. Feel free to message me with questions about the differences.
zeus.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/Mikuni_...Rebuild_Tutorial.pdf

• Page: