Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ650/810 jetting help, please 12 Jul 2006 18:35 #61551

• dave0710
  • dave0710's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have just screw my 650/810 together and got it installed and running, finally. I am after some help with starting point for jetting my VM24's, as it's running rich and stumbling of idle while in neutral.

Motor is 650 with wiseco 810 kit, mild ported 650 head, kz750 cams, 4 into 1 (unknown brand) with alloy ZX9 muffler, KZ750 electronic ignition and unifilter in standard airbox.

Current jet spec's as fitted in carbs:
Mains: 120
Pilots: 20
air screw out: 3 turns
needles: middle clip (were bottom [richest] and no good either)
float levels; 1/8" down from gasket face

Can anyone recommend a baseline to start with on this setup, motor has been meticulously assembled valve clearances etc. ignition power mod done.
Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks in advance.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ650/810 jetting help, please 13 Jul 2006 06:20 #61649

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The 24s came jetted differently from the factory as they had different jet needles and needle jets for the various assemblies. There is no ONE SIZE FITS ALL jetting solution. Your current jetting is too rich. You need #17.5 pilot jets. You main jets are too big... perhaps #110s and even that depends on where the starting point was. What needle jets and jet needles are in the carburetors? BTW: Air screws are on the sides of the carbs and should be about 1.5 turns out. Too far out and they will just fall out.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

KZ650/810 jetting help, please 25 Jul 2006 22:52 #64770

• dave0710
  • dave0710's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the help wg . Sorry I haven't got back earlier as I have been sick. Ordered the parts and installed today as a starting point.
Initial start up and running much better now, still has flat spot (although smaller) when blip throttle (in neutral) of idle, ok when ease throttle on. Bike is not registered on road as yet, so hard to do to much road testing.
Checked the needle they are marked 15CN15 and on middle position. Could get any info from needle jets

Thanks again WG

Dave

• Page: