Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pilot jet for cvk32 18 Jan 2021 07:00 #841918

• axlsavage
  • axlsavage's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Im rebuilding my Zephyr 750 carbs and since its apart I thought I would re-jet it at the same time.
Im trying to figure which style pilot jet it has and searching around here I cant figure it out.
So is it a N424-21 or N424-22 or am I still wrong.
I have a K&N filter Im putting in with the stock air box. I dont have a header yet but in the future I will.
Im thinking 38 pilots and 92main in 1 and 4 and 98main in 2 and 3.
Last question, Im looking for a proper rebuild kit also for the carbs. Can anyone recommend a source.
I use EB a lot just because its easy for me. There are a ton on there. And from what I have read here getting
a kit that has the correct length float needle is key!

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pilot jet for cvk32 18 Jan 2021 12:11 #841950

• hugo
  • Sustaining Member
  • '92 Zephyr 750
  • Thank you received: 65
I own a 91.

Better keep it as stock as possible. The KN filter won't make much difference one way or another, real advantage is durability, as is rewashable. If you want to go one size bigger on mains, that is OK.

Don't understand question on pilot jets, as they are #35 stock, and if you want to go to #38 that's OK. Hopefully you are aiming to preserve, and not for 'power'.

'Rebuilding" carburator is nothing else that replacing rubber parts, and thoroughly cleaning (assuming no mechanical damage) Thus you should replace the tiny O-rings in mix screws, the float needles (or valves), and bowl gaskets. Hopefully the diapghragms are OK. You could replace the phillips bowl screws for Allen, they are easier to take out.

...If you are in the US, you would have to remove the mix screws expoxied lids, if not done yet. Parts are available of course in on-line microfiches as Keihins CVK32 were used in many motorcycles, but if you know what you want, you can go to to dedicated sites selling parts for Mikunis, and Keihins....or go to Ebay, they would include parts in their 'kits' you may not need and only require cleaning, but is up to you.

.........very likely the petcock is leaking too and may need replacing or refreshing with new diaphragm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by hugo.
  • Page: