Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ200 carburettor issue 22 Oct 2020 18:47 #837520

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659

Pagala wrote: You then came up and told me to not seek a Chinese carb but to stick with this magical bit of 44-year-old metal that doesn't work.

Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ200 carburettor issue 22 Oct 2020 20:10 #837525

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1008
One more post from me and that's it.

You said "A project is something I like to do everything on myself, not just pull out my wallet. "

By giving up on a rather simple problem and buying another carb....what does that say about that statement? And by dissing someone who is an acknowledged carb rebuilder what does that say about your character?

There is far more knowledge and experience here than you could ever possibly acquire, so don't flatter yourself by comparing your carb knowledge to Nessism's. He offered you a solution that you, with all your experience apparently were unable to figure out for yourself. That tells me a lot about your experience.

There, I'm done. Good luck finding a Chinese carb.
I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

KZ200 carburettor issue 23 Oct 2020 04:07 #837532

• Pagala
  • Pagala's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Look here, this is getting out of hand and I don't know what you're getting upset about.

The fact is, someone has asked here on this forum before if anyone knew an equivalent carb for this bike:
www.kzrider.com/forum/3-carburetor/59860...z200-carburetor-help

There are other examples on the internet as well, so my question about Chinese equivalents isn't so outlandish.
Incidentally, I've never bought a Chinese carb before, but there are thousands available on Ebay. So someone must be buying them. What does that say about their character? Honestly, ask yourself whether they care...

Fact is, I don't know Nessism and I don't know you. People like me solve problems and get things done - we have a different type of brain. You see yourself and him like wizened old Swiss watchmakers or something. Myself, I see a guy who tried to establish himself as an authority on a subject by writing about something. Nothing wrong with that, mind. But the fact is, people like me are fast and direct. Occasionally it may trample on someone's feelings, and I regret that. However, you've got to realise, for someone like me, it doesn't have to be about bikes. It can be anything at all, even computer related, or legal matters. I look up a manual, cross-reference my information, look at a blow-up diagram if available, maybe watch a video or two and ask a question in a relevant forum, such as this one. Then - BOOM. Problem gets fixed - no apprenticeship, no time served in real life or an internet forum, no nerdy opus written on the subject.

Do you honestly think this is a huge hiccup and I won't fix this minor issue?
All I note is that nobody here has a tip of their own for removing a stuck float pin, and nobody here knows about equivalent carb swaps for this carb. Who cares what anyone memorised about the difference between PW and PWK, for example, when I could find out by going to Keihin's site? You see what I mean?

Well, even if you don't, I guess I'll have to find a way to live with the fact that you don't respect me. Come on, I thought you guys valued your toughness and thick-skinnedness. Carburettors are yesterday's tech. People with brains and from the real world can pick up every resource on them and turn your whole life into their hobby. Don't get mad at me for telling the truth. Search my previous posts here - I was polite and respectful and got everything I needed out of you lot. Never forget why it was technical school/metalworking and not university for you.
1̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶K̶a̶w̶a̶s̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶G̶T̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶(̶U̶K̶-̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶G̶1̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶4̶.̶
1981 Kawasaki Z440 (KZ440C1)

Last edit: by Pagala.

KZ200 carburettor issue 23 Oct 2020 04:41 #837533

• Mc Tavish
  • User
  • Thank you received: 35
Well why don't you F35k off then.
1978 z650C

KZ200 carburettor issue 23 Oct 2020 04:49 #837534

• Pagala
  • Pagala's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6

Mc Tavish wrote: Well why don't you F35k off then.

You go
1̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶K̶a̶w̶a̶s̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶G̶T̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶(̶U̶K̶-̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶G̶1̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶4̶.̶
1981 Kawasaki Z440 (KZ440C1)

KZ200 carburettor issue 23 Oct 2020 05:20 #837536

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2659
In the carb rebuild tutorial I linked it shows this photo on a specific method of removing a float pin for BS Mikuni carbs. I was hoping you would read this and apply a variation of this method to remove the pin on your carb. You may need to fabricate a support fixture that fits between the two posts so the upper post doesn't collapse when the pin is driven out. We can't tell you how to rebuild a carb we have never seen before but as you can easily learn from this thread, the huge majority of members here are KZ fans that tackle these problems by finding solutions to the mechanical problem, we don't give up and slap on aftermarket parts unless all other options are exhausted.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pagala

• Page: