• Page:

TOPIC:

Carb slide/diaphragm assemblies 16126-1047 16 Oct 2020 08:09 #836979

• tigerdrvr
  • tigerdrvr's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Rebuilding the carbs on my '82 GPz550 and have found 3 of the 4 diaphragms have taken a hard edged, set in the rubber that prevents the slide from moving easily back to idle position. What are you guys doing to replace? They're sure hard to find.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carb slide/diaphragm assemblies 16126-1047 16 Oct 2020 09:36 #836992

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
  • Thank you received: 369
IIRC those carbs are TK26 CV . I do not know if this location has new diaphragms for these carbs or not but they appear to have many.

jbmindustries.com/index.html
1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

This is my Z

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

Carb slide/diaphragm assemblies 16126-1047 16 Oct 2020 11:49 #837008

• tigerdrvr
  • User
Thanks. Yep, TK26 CV carbs. Hate the way Kawasaki affixes the diaphragm to the needle, but it looks like it may be quite possible to change just the rubber with some modification...if the correct rubber could be found. Thanks for the link to JBM, I'll ping them. I'd prefer to just find a few in good nick, though :)

Last edit: by tigerdrvr.

Carb slide/diaphragm assemblies 16126-1047 20 Oct 2020 11:13 #837302

• tigerdrvr
  • User
Just to update, JBM didn't have a pattern for the diaphragm and, because of it not being round and not trusting my measurements to allow the right fit, I looked to NRP in the UK. Once they arrive and I do the work to fit to the existing slides, I'll share results. :)

Carb slide/diaphragm assemblies 16126-1047 10 Nov 2020 14:38 #838315

• tigerdrvr
  • User
Wanted to update on the NRP diaphragm rubber. NRP was great to work with and the quality of the rubber and the fit was top notch. They aren't cheap at roughly $35 each, but what are the alternatives? You can't even buy new assemblies at the Kawasaki price of $170(!!) these days. Very easy to fit, too. Just pull the old ones out from between the plastic rings, apply some light lube to the new ones, slip into place. Working perfectly, now.

Also, I decided to run some pod filters for the time being (anticipate jetting changes down the road, because our weather really fluctuates seasonally) and shelve the stock airbox and associated plumbing. In case anyone is interested, the correct K&N part number for a 4 filter kit is RC-1824.

Carb slide/diaphragm assemblies 16126-1047 03 Jun 2021 11:11 #849548

• Lord Osis
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
just wondering, JBM lists a 68mm diaphram although it doesn't have the locating tab
will that not work?

• Page: