• Page:

TOPIC:

1975 Kawasaki KZ400 Carburetor Issue 24 Aug 2020 13:37 #833594

• JayShack
  • JayShack's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I've been working on this bike for a while now and am close to finishing it up, but I'm running into some issues with the carburetor. The bike ran well and only suffered from issues with the Stator, which I've since replaced, but after a friend took apart the carburetor and cleaned it, the bike no longer runs. Upon disassembling the carburetor, I found that the pilot jets are slightly different lengths. I tried to remove the jets, but even after I removed the screws holding them in, the jets wouldn't budge and no amount of lube or work with a heat gun could get them to move. I'm wondering if a previous owner epoxied or JB welded the jets in place. Both pilot jets sit flush in the same manner, their serial numbers match and the few millimetres of length are the only difference. Since the jets are so stuck and I hadn't taken the carbs apart before now, I'm thinking they've been this way since I bought the bike and it had been running well with them the way they are. I imagine its causing the two sides to get different amounts of fuel which is probably why it isn't running. Has anyone noticed something like this in their Carbs or had any similar issues? Is this something I could compensate for elsewhere in the carb? I'd love to just get it back to how it was before without having to replace a whole lot.

Thanks,
Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: