About to violate my 82 650 csr

• crusierlover
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Jul 2020 23:59 #830854 by crusierlover
About to violate my 82 650 csr was created by crusierlover
my pristine totally stock 82 650 csr with only 13,000 miles on it is about to be violated. the gentleman i bbouvht the bike from was. Very ill and couldnt ride.the seat upholstery looks new.he couldnt ride but he kept it sheltered.its easy to tell its never been worked on. I tried running carb cleaner in the gas,went 40 miles.its still sounds like its running on 2 cylinders.it also wont idle.the pilot circuits are likely plugged.i can hardlyy believe how quick it is and not even running right. I am afraid the airbox will be brittle. But soon i will pull the carb bank off.i am not good at that task. A member her with the handle Nessism is the carb expert. Wish me luck. I have a shop manual.not just a clumer type.i did not know the valve adjustment was shim and bucket style.i know the valve adjustment should be on the loose end since they tighten as they wear.dumb question but each gap of the valves needs to be the same correct? At least all the intakes equal and exhaust vaalves equal? Wish me luck.

Proud owner of 1982 650csr again soon. keeping it this time

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2020 06:28 - 17 Jul 2020 07:24 #830859 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic About to violate my 82 650 csr
The airbox ducts should be soft & pliable. If hard, get new ones. Z1Enterprises.com has them.
Loosen the carb holder clamps floppy loose before trying to pull the carburetors.
Place a thick folded towel under the carburetors prior to removal. no sense in banging them against the engine.
Protect the fuel tank when removing it. and place it somewhere so that it won't get knocked to the floor.
The valve clearances don't have to be all the same. just make sure they're within spec. and you don't have to measure them precisely if well within spec. if a 10 fits but a 15 doesn't, you know you're within spec. aka the go-no-go method.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2020 07:24 by martin_csr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crusierlover

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.