Cleaned jets, lost a cylinder

More
02 May 2020 17:31 #824814 by June80241
Cleaned jets, lost a cylinder was created by June80241
So I had a slight bog when accelerating quickly. Otherwise bike was okay. Needed choke to start and warm up but then would run great. Just if I accelerated hard it would bog just for a sec. so I thought I could pull the bowls and quick spray out the jets and hopefully solve my problem. Upon visual inspection 3 of the 4 needle valves had a slight groove. Otherwise everything seemed fine. Put it all back together and fire it up and it’s running badly. Feel like since I didn’t open the tops of the carbs I didn’t adjust anything so should only run better. So upon some investigation turns out in this process I’ve lost a cylinder and am only running on 3 now. I’m thoroughly confused. Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardrockminer
  • Sustaining Member
More
02 May 2020 19:20 #824816 by hardrockminer
Replied by hardrockminer on topic Cleaned jets, lost a cylinder
What bike are you running? Which cylinder isn't firing? Can you take the plug off the bowl bottom to see if that carb is getting fuel?

If you don't know which cylinder is not firing take a spray bottle with water and spray it on the exhaust pipes. The spray should vaporize on a running cylinder but will not vaporize on a non-running cylinder.

I have several restored bikes along with a 2006 Goldwing with a sidecar. My wife has a 2019 Suzuki DR 650 for on and off road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: F64

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.