KZ750F Carb Kits

More
24 Apr 2020 16:22 #824177 by hawken
KZ750F Carb Kits was created by hawken
I'm new to motorcycles. I bought an '83 KZ750F Shaft in decent shape at a good price, and I'm in the middle of getting it cleaned up. It runs, but I'd like to rebuild the carbs. Something that's been confusing so far are all the various sub-models and the apparent incompatibility with my bike. For example, I can find rebuild kits that work for the KZ750H, KZ750N Spectre, KZ750L, etc., but it's been tough to find one for the F.

I'm not familiar with the differences in the sub-models to gamble on a kit that isn't specifically for my bike. I'm not entirely certain what kind of carbs I have, either, except they're clearly Keihin. I'd appreciate some advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2020 11:53 #824332 by hawken
Replied by hawken on topic KZ750F Carb Kits
Here are some pictures. Sorry if this is a double posting--I was getting database errors when I initially tried to submit this.

Attachments:

• Nessism
  • Away
  • Sustaining Member
More
26 Apr 2020 13:17 - 26 Apr 2020 13:18 #824340 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic KZ750F Carb Kits
I've rebuilt about a dozen sets of those carbs and recommend staying away from "carb kits". What you need is new O-rings and maybe float needles (get Keyster or OEM Kawasaki only.) Here are the sizes you need. I've got at least some of them if you can't find what you need at Z1 Enterprises and or OEM sources like Partzilla. Reason to stay with your stock brass parts is because they are high quality originals and most of the aftermarket carb kits are full of inferior parts.

Pilot Screw: 1.2 x 2.6
Pilot Plug: 1.5 x 2.8
Fuel Transfer Tubes: 2.0 x 5.5
Drain Screws: 1.4 x 4.0
Float Bowl: 2.0 x 67

Oh, and to properly clean the carbs they must be unganged. Lots of people are afraid of the complexity or the time involved but it's the only way to properly bring the carbs up to proper condition.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2020 13:18 by Nessism.

More
26 Apr 2020 14:14 #824345 by hawken
Replied by hawken on topic KZ750F Carb Kits
Awesome, thanks for the help! I intend to completely disassemble the carbs for cleaning—I figured that would be the best way to ensure I have a good cleaning. I'll poke around on Z1 Enterprises and see what I can find. The info you provided should be exactly what I need. :)

More
27 Apr 2020 08:27 #824398 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic KZ750F Carb Kits
Nessism's info is super. Be sure to click the link in his signature for his 750E refurb.
JBM Industries probably has the carburetor slide diaphragm rubbers >> in case yours are shot.
There's a very good Mikuni CV tutorial w pics floating around the internet >> some of it is probably applicable to Keihin carburetors. I'd never done carburetors before, but it seemed easy to me >> the same thing is done 4 times on a lot of stuff & most parts only go back together one way, so it's kind of hard to mess up. My motorcycle has VM24 mechanical slide carbs, so your cvs should be easier.

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
27 Apr 2020 09:02 #824400 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic KZ750F Carb Kits
Not sure if this will help or not, but here you go.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT

Attachments: